Welcome to our newest member, CalderTide
» Online Users: 1,191
1 members and 1,190 guests
Phrozen Sands

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2000, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Private vs. public schools

Sorors, I have a question and it really doesn't stem form what many of you are probably thinking right now

My son is three and will be four in December. I have thought long and hard about it and I have decided that I want him to go to a private Christian school right now and really thought about junior high.

I don't want this because I think he will be taught better or public school teachers don't care or anything, it’s mainly because I want him to go to a Christian school. I want his whole life to be integrated around his belief in Christ. The thing is however, I don't want him to miss out on thing like sports by being in a smaller private school. I am not thinking about just keeping him there until about 5th or sixth grade.

I am just really confused about what is best for him. I fully believe that if you train a child in the way he should go, when he is older he shall not depart from it, and that is why I feel that it is important for him to pray in the morning before class and not be told that he can't do it out loud. I also want him to be taught theology while he is in school.

But truthfully the main thing is that I see so many children in public school that are just out of control and yes I know they are in private schools too, but I think that having a daily dose of Christ from the beginning to the end of his day will make him a better person.

I'm rambling on now so I will stop what do you all think?

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 04-15-2004 at 06:53 PM.