Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,550
3 members and 1,547 guests
amIblue?, JayhawkAOII, southernbuff

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2004, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Unhappy Eta Psi closing

Dear sisters of Alpha Delta Pi:

It is with a heavy heart that I announce the closing of the Eta Psi chapter at Valparaiso University.

The chapter had a lot of ups and downs during its five and a half years, but at all times I was proud of those women who dedicated themselves to their chapter and to our national organization.

Nationals picked up the charter on Tuesday, April 6th. The alumnae on our email group were notified early Wednesday morning, the campus greek community was told on Wednesday afternoon, and the closing ceremony with Mrs. Goddard will take place on Saturday, May 15th. (I do not yet have a time for the ceremony).

I have heard that the sisters are still participating in Songfest (which has had non-greek orgs participate in the past) and hope to go out with a bang!

I would like to thank the ladies of GreekChat for all of their support over the past few years; you guys have had great COR suggestions and have cheered every alpha that walked through our doors.

The current (8?) alphas will apparently have the choice of being initiated and becoming alumnae, or will be able to cancel their ADPi alpha memberships and be eligible to join the remaining six sororities on Valparaiso's campus (Delta Delta Delta, Gamma Phi Beta, Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, and Chi Omega). I do not know how many will choose to be initiated, but I wish all of them the best of luck in their future lives, whether with ADPi, another NPC org on campus, or as unaffiliated women.

Please keep the sisters in your prayers as they finish out these last few months of school until May 15th.