GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,361
0 members and 1,361 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2001, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Does Anyone Read: Sister 2 Sister Magazine or Today's Black Woman

Hi Everyone
Yesterday while in the dentist's office I had the chance/opportunity/misfortune to pick up Sister 2 Sister magazine for the 3rd time ever. I was never fond of it to begin with but yesterday's reading reminded me of why I do not subscribe to or purchase this publication.

For one, it is toooooo, how do I want to say this, GHETTO is not the word but, okay, how's this: SUPERFICIAL, TRITE, etc. The interviews last for almost 10 pages and they sound worse the writing that my freshman students do in their interviews. They actually put their good byes in the end. The magazine's GOSSIP SECTION or WHO SAW WHO WHEN AND WHERE is really superficial.

Then the other magazine: Today's Black Woman should be called TODAY'S BLACK WOMAN'S SEX LIFE because EVERY ISSUE is about sex. Be it how to improve our sex lives, sexual fantasies, what makes a man go nuts in bed, etc. I don't know about the rest of the BLACK women but sex is not the biggest part of my world. My mom bought both of us a subscription and we both are disappointed with the overall tone or slant of the magazine.

I know every magazine will not be the next Ebony or Essence or Vibe but Sister 2 Sister is worse than my last issue of Right On magazine from the early 90s.

Your thoughts. . .

------------------
Black is a mystery, and part of my history. Black is bold and worth a hell of a lot more than gold.