4 members and 1,396 guests
HONKY660, Sarak24034

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2003, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

AI - Just when it could not POSSIBLY get weirder

Hi folks..

(See, I TOLD you I'd be around!)

I know I've conversed w/ many of you about my AI process both on the boards and in private and the subject always comes up that things happen for a reason, whether those things seem good or bad at the time.

This very afternoon (Saturday, of all days...) I found out that Pat and I will have to relocate to the Chicago area by June 2004 at the latest.

To say the least, I am NOT looking forward to this. Moving is hell and I put down some long roots in Houston. But realistically, Pat's job has been hanging by a thread due to some internal machinations at Minute Maid/CCNA and he has to get the hell outta there or reserve a spot in the unemployment line.

On the other hand, we're going to be closer to his family, and one of my SILs will be only minutes away.

For my AI pursuit.....this REALLY and truly puts me back at square one. New city, new part of the country, new dynamics in the GLO world. In a way, it worked out that I hadn't settled into a GLO home yet--I would feel horrible if I were initiated, then had to move away from the people who worked to vote me in. It just wouldn't be fair to the org.

For the next few months I am planning my little heart out to transition my day gig, get my business moved........and I'm holding Pat to our deal that if we ever move away from Houston, I get to retire from full-time work.

BTW - the new job is in Evanston, IL and we're going to be hunting for homes on the north to northwest side of Chicago. My SIL is in Winnetka.

Pardon me for being a little scatterbrained. The shock wave hasn't worn off yet and I'm going to have a few more cry sessions before I settle in to this.

Hugs everybody. {{{GC}}}
Adrienne