GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,271
0 members and 1,271 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2000, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry What do you mean you're NOT voting?

Hello members and sisterfriends. I want to bring up a topic that has me furious this morning. African Americans who are not voting. I overheard someone say that they did not believe in voting. They mentioned that we should just sit back and pray about it. Now I certainly believe in prayer and that we should pray for the leaders of our country but we need to get out there and vote for them. Faith without works is dead. We should have faith that when we pray, God will put a leader in place that will have our best interest at heart but in addition we must help ourselves. We MUST vote

I say all of this to say that there are many African Americans who are not voting. Why??? When we don't vote what message are we sending to those whose family members died for this very right? Is more education needed for those who believe that their vote does not count? What must we do to help our people understand that their vote counts?? Are we sleeping? When will we wake up???

Sorry for the long post.