Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,511
0 members and 1,511 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2003, 12:46 PM
Ginger

What should I ask?

I've been bouncing the idea around in my head lately of putting together an informational speech/program type thing on Eating Disorder awareness, and offering to go to various schools, youth organizations, sorority chapters, etc. to speak to them about the warning signs and opportunities for help if they or someone they know has an eating disorder.

A few things: First of all, if I sent a letter out to your chapter... what kind of things would you want to discuss? Would you rather hear more of a personal account "this happened to me, someone a lot like all of you, don't be embarassed to get help if you think you may have this problem"? Or more of a straight up these are the facts type thing?

Secondly: While this is a cause that is important to me, and I would love to simply be able to donate my time and energy at no cost... time is money, and I would have to charge at least a minimal fee for my time/transportation costs, etc. What would you/ your chapter deem a reasonable amount for a risk-management type program such as this?