GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,459
0 members and 1,459 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2003, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Anti NPC campus... need advice

OK, so here's the 411, back in the 60s my school kicked off all the greek organizations. They were not let back on until the 80s (we were actually the first sorority back on campus)
BUT the thing was that we had to agree that EVERY greek organization would have to belong to the Fraternity/Sorority council, which is supposed to be the governing board for ALL greeks.. local and national. This council would be the only recognized council on campus. NPC, NPHC, IFC, and all other national councils are not recognized at my school, which means, we can't get rooms to meet in, no chance for money, no getting a place in the union to hang CPC posters during rush, no free ads in the student paper, no offices for individual organizations...(all 30 greek organizations on campus are supposed to share the frat/soror council office for their needs)
I mean some of the problems that come with not being recognized aren't such a problem... but it makes it really hard to advertise when when Panhelenic isn't recognized... So any ideas you GCers can recommend we can advertise as Panhellenic would be welcome.