GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,530
3 members and 1,527 guests
John

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2003, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Exclamation Clarion U bomb threats...

For those of you in the Western PA area, you prob allready know. But Clarion, needing its semesterly scandal had some publicity today.

Apparently there was a bomb threat scratched into the stall of the mens room in Gemmell, our student center. They determined it to be a hoax. This was last week.

Today I am walking to Stevens, our education building and see the State Forensic unit and then see the official "Clarion University Bomb Threat" poster. I dont know which is scarier, a probable bomb, or the fact that we have official posters.

So then I walk over to the dorm I work in, bypassing our student center because I was on the phone w/ my mom (I was hungry and was going to get something to eat) I go in the dorm and deocrate since I dont work tomorrow morn, I did it this afternoon. Mrs Shick our house mom wanted springy things in the windows. Well I see my friends outside, one jumping the others car. And they tell me that they had just closed the student center. And sure enough, official posters are in the windows.

They get my car to do the jumping and I ride back in it with my one friend, when we discover that the Boyd (our music building) is closed too. Whee! No choir!

I get back to work and find out Tippin, our gym, is closed!

So yea, campus basically shut down today. I dont think they found anything, but...as I was walking to my car to go home... Not only were the Clarion U. Public Safety, local police, state police, state and Pittsburgh bomb squads there... but yes... The Indiana University of PA Campus Police were called in to help. lol.

BUT, all this and tonite they are still holding HS wrestling matches in TIPPIN and the musical in the BOYD.

Goodness.

Well that was my fun today!