» Online Users: 1,375
4 members and 1,371 guests
LaneSig, MSKKG

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2002, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Merging w/ Another Org

Hi everyone!

I've been a silent observer for some time now, but I had a question/dilemma to ask for some advice about. I did a search and was unable to find what I am looking for, so here it goes:

I'm in a local, well regional sorority (that shall remain nameless) and we are sorta in a jam. Currently, we have 4 chapters. One is currently inactive b/c all the members have graduated and moved on more or less. Another one is doing ok, but they only have 3 active members. The other two are doing quite well (each currently have 7-10 members). Right now, we have been trying to expand and we currently have an interest group. Hopefully this group will complete all the necessary processes and become a chapter.

But this is the thing: I, along w/ several sisters, think we need to merge w/ another, more established sorority. Our sorority has been in existence for 12 years and we only have 4 chapters (technically 3 active ones). My sisters and I LOVE our org and we have been trying to work with our National E-Board to try to make things better. One of the biggest problems I think we have is compromise. One of our stronger chapters seems to have issues with our National Board. Every time some idea is suggested for improvement or change, they seem to have a problem with it. It's not ALL the time, but majority of the time. It's like they can't seem to compromise. Some of my sisters and I feel like we are constantly going in circles because of this, hence the reason we can't seem to get anywhere with expansion and other improvements we need to make. So we were thinking that maybe we need to merge with someone else. We are just at a lost and don't know how to solve all this back and forth. It really seems like when we take one step forward, we take 4 steps back

Does anyone have any suggestions? Has anyone's org actually merged with another one? How does that work? I'm assuming we'd have to pledge all over again if we did this, which is something we aren't looking forward to. But we are willing to if this will help us.

Thanks!
Lauren

Last edited by lauren1234; 10-04-2002 at 09:04 PM.