GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,489
4 members and 1,485 guests
chi-o_cat, UVASquirrel, willTic, Zach

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2024, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post
If the “female influencer” referenced is Lucy Taylor, her project started in 2020, I believe. She’s been discussing UMD Greek life publicly for years now.

Her content is hit or miss. Some of it is really well done and educational and some of it- the only way I can sum it up is it just sounds like a bunch of Gen Z Problems/Complaints.

She didn’t start the fire here (as BJ would say). But, once it was burning, she made sure to put her face out there to promote her content.
I checked out a bunch of her content. She comes across as very snarky. It's one thing to want to expose what you feel are wrongs; but, she does a lot of it with a smirk and a snotty tone of voice. That right there loses a lot of credibility with me. It come across as personal issues and sour grapes.

And, by the way, if her Alpha Phi chapter didn't approve of people posting photos of their backsides in a bikini (the pic wasn't that bad, but the chapter allegedly objected) then thems the rules. She doesn't have to participate if that's not her style. No need to go all drama queen about it. Based on the argumentative and snotty demeanor she presents online, I have a feeling she gave a lot of lip to the chapter and it went down hill from there.

I think she's just doing all of this to find a niche so that she can become Insta famous.

True and Constant