GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,169
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,314
0 members and 1,314 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2016, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

New to GeekChat & question about colonizing recruitment!

Hello!

I have a question about colonizing sororities. A few years ago I went through recruitment at my university and received a bid for a sorority, unfortunately my family was not having a good year financially and I could not go through with initiation but the sorority left the bid open for the year in the event that things changed the following semester. After the year was up I inquired again but they said my bid had expired.

I have really wanted to join a sorority and now I am a senior. There was a sorority colonizing on my campus and I interviewed but was not invited to move forward. I was a bit surprised as I was under the impression that a colonizing sorority needs to build an entire sorority (freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior). In addition, I am incredibly involved on campus with leadership positions and great internships. I was a bit surprised to not receive an offer. I was wondering if I could find out why I did not? Or if anyone has any theories? How do theses processes work for colonizing sororities and selections?

Does anyone have any recommendations moving forward? I am really disappointed as I wanted to join.