GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,499
1 members and 1,498 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Cut by 9/10 sororities: Should I quit while I'm still ahead?

I am at a competitive school where about 50% of the women here are Greek. Originally, I had no idea I thought I wanted to be in a sorority, but after registering for recruitment, I became really drawn into the system for a variety of reasons. However, as I was trying to get adjusted to school and was frequently sick, I wasn't really able to attend events and get to know any of the members. I also didn't get around to asking for recs, which in hindsight, I probably should have done.

Yesterday, display round came and went. I thought I did pretty well, but I was considering that I was going go get released immediately. I dismissed it as me worrying excessively. However, today I saw my schedule and saw that I was invited back to only one sorority.

I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't upset. Even though I never intended to get into the "top" sororities, I think it was pretty devestating seeing how everyone else had cut me too. However, I guess this stuff happens and there's no point in asking why since I'm never going to find out. Also, although it wasn't my #1 choice, I did genuinely like the sorority, and I would be glad if they asked me back.

Still, I'm wondering if it's time to cut my losses. Based on what I saw today, I think I'm very high at risk from being cut from this last sorority, and even if I make it to pref night, I feel like my chances of receiving a bid would be pretty slim. I'm thinking it might be better to go back during fall rush more prepared and with recs in hand.

What are you guys's thoughts on this?