» Online Users: 1,279
0 members and 1,279 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2012, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

ADPi Transfer Affiliation Question

Good Afternoon!

I was just wondering if anyone could help me find an answer to my problem? I am a Junior ADPi, I transferred to a different university last Fall from where I went through recruitment and initiation. I did not transfer because I did not like my chapter or the school, I transferred because my dad is an employee at my new university so I receive an amazing education at no cost, so it was the best option for me financially. When I decided to transfer last year my advisers at my old school warned me that not all chapters are the same even though we are all sisters. Upon arriving at my new school I did not have the opportunity to meet very many of the sisters before being notified that they had accepted me into their chapter. Over the past few semesters I have tried very hard to adjust to my new chapter and the way they do things, but in no way does it compare to the wonderful chapter I had at my old school, and the wonderful sisterhood that I not only made with my Alpha class, but the sorority as a whole. I was just wondering if there was a way I could remove myself from being affiliated with my new school's chapter without canceling my membership? I do not recall signing any paperwork with my new chapter when they accepted me into their chapter, but I do not know if that makes a difference or not. I love Alpha Delta Pi, and I do not want to cancel my membership, but I do not want to be affiliated with this chapter. My love for ADPi even had me considering transferring back to my old school, but my parents did not approve of the idea since I am now a junior. I did not want to contact my advisers or executive committee about this because I did not want them to think poorly of me if there was not a way for me to not be affiliated with their chapter anymore.

Thank You!