Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,251
3 members and 1,248 guests
Cookiez17

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking BSA Involvement at a "Commuter School"

I'm the new president of the Black Student Association at a "local" university. Unfortunately, not a lot of students attend our club meetings and I want to change that. Since this is a commuter school and not a lot of the students live on the campus, what advice do you have that could help attract interest.

I'm already changing the location of the meetings to the housing complex's recreation room in order to attract new freshmen and sophomores that do reside on campus.

Some of the events we are looking to host over the summer and in the fall include:
Volunteer Opportunities (African Arts & Music Festivals, homeless shelters...etc)
Informative Discussions (Recycling Black Dollars, Intersectionality, AIDS Awareness...etc)
Cultural Events (visiting the local African American museum, visiting a shopping area that focuses on African-themed stores owned by Black business owners...etc)
Parties/Fundraisers (Fall = Halloween party, Winter = BSA on Ice (Ice Skating), ...etc)

Our school isn't really Greek Friendly so our NPHC is going through some issues with the administration, so I can't co-host any events with them.

Any additional advice?
Please and Thank you.

ZPHIB - SOLO ACE - @BabyGucci_13