» Online Users: 1,403
0 members and 1,403 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I just want to add... They have a student run hotel/restaurant and a store where goods that are handmade by the students are sold. We're not talking arts and crafts things. We're talking really well made incredible wood crafts, furniture, ceramics, etc. We ate at the restaurant and the food was fantastic. Now the last time I was there was probably 25 years ago, but I was so impressed. It is through this store, hotel and restaurant that they can continue having a tuition free college.

Craft store site: https://bereacollegecrafts.com/
Hotel/restaurant: http://www.boonetavernhotel.com/

I think I need to go there again, in fact. I loved that place.
AGDee-
It's been over 30 years since I have been there, but I had a similar impression. My big sis & her Sigma Chi husband moved there after graduation and came to get me to show me Berea. I forgot about the restaurant but remember the store - the quality of the crafts/artwork was pretty amazing. It's one of the places in KY that I've always wanted to visit again. We'll have to stay at the hotel- I never made the connection with the name of the hotel & Berea College.