» Online Users: 998
1 members and 997 guests
IllyPolly

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2002, 12:54 PM

Re: Re: don't read too much into it

Quote:
Originally posted by lovelyivy84

Being in a relationship is about trust. If I am involved with you I trust you emotionally and physically. If you cheat then you show you are not worthy of my trust. Period.

I don't care if it was just lust, it is a violation of someone's trust in you and you can NEVER get that back. If you can't control yourself then you need not be in a relationship. I don't care if she stripped down and jumped on you- when you take her up on her offer you know that you are breaking someone's trust. It is a conscious decision to let your penis control you.

I do not know why men seem to think women don't catch sexual feelings for other men. For a lot of women sex is mental and seduction doesn't even NEED for there to be nudity. It can be just as hard for us to say no as it is for you. If we cheat it is a violation of trust. If you cheat it is the same thing.

Note: I have never cheated on anyone, nor have I been cheated on. I just know that for me trust is something rarely given and precious. To even imagine someone breaking it is unthinkable, because that just shows that they really don't care enough about you to be an adult and control their own urges and desires. We can not always have what we want in this life! Anyone who thinks we can is a child.
Well said.

That is what I am saying. In life you can't have every and any thing you want.

As my fiance says, "if something is worth having, then it is worth working hard for".

And so true about women. We (or at least I am ) are more prone to become attracted to someone because of their personality more than just for looks. It could be just as hard or even harder to turn away someone that you start to have feelings for. But as soon as you know you are starting to feel that way, then that is when you don't need to be around that person anymore.

On another note, a caller to Dr. Laura (love her) said that her husband had to go on a three hour business trip by car with a woman. Dr. Laura said that her husband should rent his own car or drive his own car but should not ride in the car with this other woman. Now most people in this warped day and age would say it's not the serious because it's for work but once Dr. Laura broke it down, I definitely agreed. She said that once the husband and other woman would be in the car, the conversation would probably naturally shift from work to personal things (which is understandable). She then said that as the husband and woman may start to relax, laugh, talk about life, their lives, etc., then there is the possibility that they will start to view each other in a different manner other than work related (which is all they should be viewing each other as). Her point was maybe that wouldn't happen but maybe it would. Why take the chance if it could risk your marriage? And I couldn't agree more.

See this is why I keep saying don't put yourself in potential inappropriate situations.