» Online Users: 1,335
0 members and 1,335 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2009, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TenaciousE
Question Starting a Chapter

I attend a University abroad, where naturally there is no fraternities or Greek Life in General. However, I have been rigorously researching fraternities and have taken the most interest into Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Incorporated. I have been searching for a way to not only obtain membership despite the fact that I study at a University in London, England, but also the possibility of chartering a chapter there. Unfortunately thus far it seems as though that is not possible to solely obtain membership whilst doing my undergraduate at the University, however, it does seem possible although difficult to charter a chapter at my University.

In doing so my goal is to hopefully open the door for many others like myself to study abroad and experience exactly what the outside world has to offer.

I have reviewed the Alpha Phi Alpha chartering document many times, and understand the 'paper work' required to do so. But I would like to hear what other things are necessary as well as what 'Hurdles' must be overcome in order to charter a new chapter. Anyone with any knowledge/advice would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone knows someone themselves who has experience in chartering a chapter, please notify him of my thread or ask those persons to get in touch with me.

Thank You In advanced for your time