GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,395
0 members and 1,395 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Latina001
HELP ME!!! Give me some advice pleeeaassee!!! :)

Hi everyone! I am a new member of GC .....I have been coming and reading the posts for a while now and have really enjoyed them and have learned alot...but have not actually written anything......but anyways....back to my question.....well first let me give you a little background information on my situation....

After I graduated high school I decided to go to a popular state school in Florida.......My sophomore year I decided to check out a multicultural sorority on my campus. I had seen them in the student union and had also attended some of their performances and really enjoyed them so I decided why not?

Anyways....so make a long story short I absolutely fell in LOVE with the organization and EVERYTHING they stood for........But this fall I will be transferring to a different school much further south in Florida and they do not have the sorority that I am interested in but they do have a graduate chapter.
Because I loved the organization so much I am SERIOUSLY SERIOUSLY considering trying to bring the organization to the campus.........but I am a little worried for a couple of reasons....

#1, Unlike the school that I previously attended were Greek life was HUGE and located in your typical "college town"...the school I will be going to in the fall is located in a large and busy city....the campus does have a couple of Pan-Hellenic, IFC, NPC and MGC sororities but I have been told that Greek life is not as big there as it was at my other school...so I am wondering if it would be a waste of my time to even try...I am afraid not too many people would be interested or it might not take off the way I hoped.

#2, Where I am relocating to I know ABSOLUETLY NO ONE.....so I would be basically starting all over as far as meeting people and making friends....so I don't know how to go about trying to form an interest group and get the word out there to spark others interest....any ideas?

Like I said I really really fell in love with this org and have done my research and would be committed to putting in the hard work and would be beyond dedicated....I have already contacted the office of student life and Greek affairs about starting the sorority and the campus is open for expansion. I have also contacted the sorority about expansion and they said they are willing to expand in the south Florida region as long as their is interest....so I have already done my homework.

I guess what I am asking is do you think that a campus in a large city where Greek life is not as popular would worth the difficult task of trying to found it ? If so, what are some ways to attract women to take part and get involved?

I am open to any and all ideas, especially from those that are in MGC orgs and have maybe even founded a chapter themselves!

Sorry this post is so long! But I hope you all can help and thanks for reading all of this! LOL