GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,155
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, Aliciasmith
» Online Users: 1,065
1 members and 1,064 guests
PGD-GRAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by true_story View Post
For my SFs who are waiting/hoping to become a member what are you doing to keep your interests and to increase your attractiveness?

Hello to all. I am new on GC and just wanted to respond to some of the discussions. So... for the past three years I have just been gathering my information and being patient. I have had an educational journey on BGLOs and the history of African Americans, both men and women. Unfortunately, my mother did not attend college therefore, as a freshman, I did not know ANYTHING about sororities. Nonetheless, the organizations attracted my attention. In terms of what I am doing to keep my interest- I feel that if your heart is really into becoming an influential member of an organization, then your interest will always be there. Despite rejection and obstacles, a true passion for something (in this case, sorority) will prevail no matter what. Also, in terms of what I am doing to increase my attractiveness- just being myself. I myself, would not be attracted to an organization unless it resembled some part of me. I have always loved working with people and helping people so being apart of service organizations on campus and actively participating in community service is only natural. Furthermore, I stay optimistic and carry myself in a positive manner, although I can have my days, I do not let it affect others. Thank you to anyone who read my post (although a little long) and hope to see you around the forums!
Wow!!! It has been a very long time since I have seen such pleasant and positive post as this. Which ever organization extends an invitation for you to join you will be an asset to it...

I'm thinking International Chaplain or some high level host...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana