GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,458
0 members and 1,458 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki1920 View Post
My church started a health care ministry about 2 years ago. We are just now beginning to expand into mental health.

I am an informed consumer. I read about the medicine, its generic form (I *heart wal mart for its $4 prescriptions), typical dosage, possible side effects, when to stop taking it, etc.
I don't mind the Health Ministries, because everyone should have access to qualified accurate healthcare. My problem is the churches in my area are not reaching out to those who need it the most because the people are deemed "undesirable"--i.e. homeless, drug abusers, sexual (whatevers), etc. Now, while some folks need prayer, they also need quality healthcare both physical and mental. But since both take time to heal and only Jesus Christ is known to heal in miracles, the poor people just cannot rationalize the time time it takes... If anything, we in the healing business should understand "time", but patient is a different matter...

How does your church deal with it? Do you all have revolving doors? Just asking?

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana