GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,405
2 members and 1,403 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2008, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Daughter's 08 Recruitment

I have enjoyed reading and learning from the GC boards. As a mom who did not rush when in college I find the information helpful in understanding the experience my daughter is having.

I do not have a tremendous number of details, but will chronicle what information I do have from what my dear daughter shares with me.

Sororities in alpha order:
Alpha Chi Omega
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Kappa Alpha Theta
Pi Beta Phi

Code names in no particular order:
Lilly
Iris
Tulip
Dahlia
Geranium
Hibiscus

1st visits were last weekend. She attended all.

Lilly-She expected this to be one of her two favorites. Great, friendly girls. Has campus rep as the "good girls." Rushees rotated which evidently confused her and other rushees until they figured out all the rushers "were just leaving us" after a few minutes and it wasn't a personal thing. Would love to have another opportunity to visit, but uncertain of fit.

Iris-She described as very awkward. Two to three rushees per rushers due to smaller size. Conversation was difficult, other than between rushees. Is know on campus as being a struggling chapter. She said she did not want to have preconceived notions, but that after visiting she did not see herself being a member of this sorority.

Tulip-Going in, probably the house she was most looking forward to visiting. Great experience with great girls. Reputation of being very difficult to get a bid and "pre-rush" selection of "only the best looking and brightest." Her response to that is "well, who knows--I love the house and I'll see if they see me fitting in." Hoping for an invite back.

Dahlia-Low on the list going in, but she fell in love here. Best conversations, felt a part, encouraged by how kind and how engaging the girls were. Top of her list and she will be really dissapointed if not invited back.

Geranium-She does not see herself fitting in here.

Hibiscus- Interested in going back.

As you can see the amount of information she shared faded to just about nothing as we talked about the last two houses.

She can receive up to 4 invites to next round (invites coming soon).

Her order:
Dahlia
Tulip
Hibiscus
Lilly

Geranium
Iris