GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, horsearcher
» Online Users: 1,289
1 members and 1,288 guests
mumom

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2007, 10:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Eirbear's Retro Recruitment Thread

So, I've been getting a huge kick out of reading all the retro recruitment threads, so (if anyone's interested) I figured I'd start my own. Now, granted, I never kept a recruitment journal, because it wasn't a thought I had at the time, but I still remember everything pretty clearly (minus one party at one round which has, for some reason, escaped my memory). I went through Formal Recruitment during Fall 2005, while I was a freshman. I had two Rho Chi's...we'll call them Janet and Jessica. There are four chapters at my university:

Alpha Xi Delta
Delta Zeta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Zeta Tau Alpha

Because my current obsession is Wicked, I decided the nicknames I'll give the chapters are names of characters from the musical (there's no meaning behind the giving of the names, it was random). The names will be:

Elphaba
Galinda
Fiyero
Nessarose

To tide everyone over until I'm able to post again, I'll give my initial feelings about the four chapters.

Elphaba--Before the rounds began, I didn't know much about this chapter. I saw the sisters wearing their letters around campus, and I met some of them in passing, but I didn't know any of them personally.

Galinda--The most I knew about this chapter was that a lot of them were in the English department with me. As far as I could tell, they were all very nice and other than that I had no opinion.

Fiyero--I only knew one sister from this chapter, a girl (we'll call her Mary) I had a PE class with (Folk Dancing...it was always kind of a joke). Mary was very nice to me and was incredibly excited when she heard I had decided to go through Recruitment. Other than her, I had virtually no interaction with any of the other sisters.

Nessarose--Going into Recruitment, this was the only chapter I really knew anyone from. Several of the girls in the marching band with me were in this chapter. One girl in my section was incredibly determined for me to go through Recruitment, and made it fairly clear she wanted me as a sister. My mom had also been in this chapter when she was at school, and because of this I promised to go through with a completely open mind, knowing my mom and I frequently have different ideas and tastes.