Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,457
2 members and 1,455 guests
3DGator, John

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2007, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

advice needed

I am the philanthropy chair for the alum association. I have planned 3 activities this semester. An email was sent out not only by the membership chair but the president asking sisters to volunteer and to email me by tomorrow if they wanted to. I have also contacted the chapter and told them about the volunteer oppurtunities.

I've had two sisters volunteer.

It really frustrates me because I keep hearing that sisters want to do more to help RMH but they aren't volunteering to actually help them. I hate bugging the chapter to participate in these philanthropic activities when I'm not even "working" (so to speak) for the chapter.

I am contemplating sending out an email and telling sisters that I have no volunteers for this coming Saturday's event. 2 sisters volunteered for the March event and 1 for the April event. (The reason I asked for people to volunteer now is that I know, as working adults, our calendars get full pretty quickly. I was looking for volunteers now so that I could get them all and email them when the time got closer).

I DO NOT want to stress over these events like I did in October. I don't want to sound mean but I want to tell them, "if I don't get the minimum volunteers I will cancel the events".

I don't know what to do. Advice please, because I'm at a loss. I've got so much else going on in my life and I don't want to be stressing about this, but I absolutely HATE to let RMH down! And that's what I'm going to be doing because I can't get sisters to volunteer 2-4 hours of their time.

What do I do? Do I just say screw it? Do I fight? What?

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt