GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,167
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,457
1 members and 1,456 guests
John

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2006, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Mom's Daughter is looking for her home

My daughter and I have been following the Recruitment threads on here for quite some time, and she finally agreed to let me post her story. She has been going through recruitment this past week at the University of Florida and has loved every minute! She was very concerned going into recruitment, as she has had some difficult times over the past few years. You see, her "biological" mom left her and her brother years ago, and her father was left to raise them himself. A few years later, I started dating their father and we were engaged to be married. I loved the children right away, but it took a while for the kids to warm up to me. The kids were just starting to accept me as a permanent, loving part of the family when their father died on 9/11. Obviously, this sent all of us into a tailspin -- especially my daughter. She ended up having to take some time away from school to get herself together. I did everything in my power to help her (and her brother). I was amazed by her strength and determination while she was recovering... I am SO proud of her!! She went back to school and graduated at the top of her class (but a year behind schedule)!! And now, my beautiful angel is in college and going through recruitment! She thought that being a year older than the other pmn's would be a problem for her during rush, but it wasn't! She's had a full schedule of parties all week.
Tomorrow is Bid Day and she is on "pins and needles" waiting for the big moment. Because she is a huge fan of "Project Runway" she has named the houses after some of the designers on that show. She has visited:
Kayne
Laura
Angela
Vincent
Allison
Jeffrey
Uli
Robert
Michael
Bradley
Keith
Malan
Chloe
Santino
Daniel V.
Tim Gunn

She loved them all, but she had to say "Auf Wiedersehen" to some. I will post a little later with her thoughts on the houses... and where she preffed!!

Best wishes to all the pmn's and parents who are going through recruitment!! May you all find your new homes!