Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,312
0 members and 1,312 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2006, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

a loner...

The women who are greek in my family are all AKAs who came through the same chapter...I'm the only Delta except for a distant cousin in ATL who we never see...at family gatherings my cousins and I rib each other but its all in fun...just the other day at my mom's house a cousin who I don't get to see very often who is an AKA brought her 2 year old daughter with her to my mom's cookout. This was only the 2nd time I had ever laid eyes on this child and she was DRAWN to me....every time her mother walked within earshot I would I would continue telling my young cousin the "awesome story of 22 illustrious women..." My cousin (the mother) was really getting bent out of shape...it was TOO funny!!! Her daughter followed me all day.....I told her mom she just recognized the glow from within..... My mom stepped in and begin to tease me about my own 7 yr old daughter's obession with the color pink( her room decor, her walls in her room..etc)...I just say its a little girl thing, she'll out grow it... My favorite uncle(a Kappa) only child is a senior in high school....I tease her about picking Delta, but I really just want her to follow her heart... that's true even with my own daughter...even though it wouldn't be honest if I said that I wouldn't be at least a little disappointed if she didn't pick Delta..ok devastated but I would be there cheering her own louder then anyone else(just crying on the inside)

When you drop the baggage, your hands will then be free to embrace the blessings...