GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,047
1 members and 1,046 guests
KDKells

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Jane Graf needs your prayers

From our IVP-Ext

Received a call tonight from the Detroit North Suburban Alumnae Club President, with the news that Jane Graf suffered a stroke today while in the hospital and is not expected to make it through the night. She is currently on a respirator and her blood pressure and heart rate are still dropping.

On Friday she suffered a fall while getting on the stair lift she has in her home. She went to the hospital and they released her as no broken bones were found. Later in the day she couldn’t walk and ended up back at the hospital. The hospital staff gave her a chest X-ray as part of their protocol for moving someone to an assisted living type of place and the X-ray indicated she had a blood clot in her lung. That prompted immediate admission to the hospital.

Subsequent testing found blood clots in her legs, which may have been the reason why she couldn’t walk. Another alumna from DNSAC, works at Beaumont Hospital where Jane is. She visited with Jane and reports that her memory this weekend has not been good and while knowing her name was pretty vague upon further general conversation topics.

Jane suffered a stroke this afternoon. She is in ICU. Various local sisters have been taking turns at the hospital holding vigil. Please say a special prayer for Jane – I’m sure she will feel all of our sisterly love around her as the Lord determines her fate.

Please feel free to forward this to other sisters. I will send an update the moment I hear anything.

**** Dee's words now:
Jane has been such an inspiration to all the Michigan Alpha Gams who have seen her at IRDs for years and years. She was unable to make Convention this year, but in past years, she was the one standing the longest when they sought out the person who had attended the most Conventions. She is a wearer of the Circle. My first memory of Jane is when she spearheaded the reception at the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame when Emily H. Butterfield was elected to it. Jane also did part of the presentation at Emily's grave site when the medallions were placed on the Founder's graves in honor of the Centennial. She believes she was the last Alpha Gam to see Emily alive. Jane has donated endless hours to the Fraternity and the Foundation and her dedication and love for Alpha Gam has been so inspiring and such an amazing show of our ideals. My prayers are with her.