GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,278
0 members and 1,278 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Alum Question(s)?

Hi! I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, initiated in '06. I only attended the university for one semester, and was forced to return home due to unexpected and devastating family circumstances. However, I absolutely LOVED the short amount of time that I was able to enjoy with AGD. I understand that I am under "Alum" status, at least that's what myAlphaGam tells me. I am 23. I am now married with two beautiful children, and back in school completing my degree. I will be transferring to a university soon with an AGD chapter. Is there a way that I can participate or contribute to Alpha Gam activities? I understand that I probably can't do much with collegiate activities since I am not in active status and from what I understand cannot return to active status after going Alum (I was actually surprised to learn that I am in Alum status, I thought I would simply be inactive since I have not yet graduated...). But I would love to lend a hand and reconnect where I can. Any ideas? Also, what are the requirements for alumni initiation? I don't yet have my degree, do I have to be fully graduated from the university to be initiated as alum and/or at least participate in alumni groups and chapters? Is there anyone I can contact with the questions I have? I feel like my collegiate experience was taken from me, but I am and will always be an Alpha Gam and it's been a dream of mine to be able to offer my own contributions and experience what I missed with the best girls in the world! Thanks for your time