GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,496
1 members and 1,495 guests
No Members online

Old 12-20-2004, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Pizza Hut VIP deal

OK, I SWEAR this is not spam.

Anyone else joined the vip program at the Hut? It was $25, but it has 2 free large pizzas, a free appetizer at Pasta Bravo, 50% off of a pizza party order of 5 or more pizzas, like, 15 b1g1 free coupons, 5 1/2 price carryout coupons, and 3 b1g1 free lunch buffets.

I was really very skeptical at first, but it has really turned out to be worth my money.

Anyone else try this yet? Or has anyone else had the sales reps. come by their workplace/home selling them?

I was just wondering if y'all had heard of this or if it is just a local thing.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Unregistered-

For $25? Wow, you really get a lot back!

We don't have that over here, just Carry-out for Literacy. For $10 you purchase the CFL card, and it entitles you to a b1g1 free medium pizza for each medium pizza ordered. It's good for a year.

Always came in handy for those sisterhood nights!

Maybe it's just a local/regional thing.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

OTW, comsider yourself lucky, read this morning that Christmas Trees were going for upwards of $400.00 in Paradise.

Makes the good old Aluminum ones with color lite machine look good!

Papa Johns has been running special lately too.

Almost went into the Pizza Business years back, could make samples taht cost .73 cents and sold for 5-6 $. Hell of a margin, let alone for draft beer.

Now all Pizzas seem to suck and less on it no matter which company!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-20-2004, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd pay $25 to not have to eat Pizza Butt.

In all seriousness, though, I haven't heard of this. The only chain pizza I like is Little Caesar's.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 AM
GreekChat Member

They have something like that around here, but the closest Pizza Hut is a couple of cities over; it's kind of a pain to get to unless you're going out that way. It isn't bad to have once in a while, but there are better pizza places closer that won't kill my stomach quite so much.

I don't think the deal around here is as good as the one you described, though.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Yep, Mr. Silver and I are Pizza Hut VIP members, but our club is different. Our membership was under $15 and we only got 1 free large to start. I believe that our deal is that we get a free order of bread sticks each month and, for each two qualifying purchases in a month, we get a free large pizza. We also get some special coupons, but not nearly as good as the ones that you have quoted...the ones that we use the most are the family feast packages. Nevertheless, we FREQUENTLY eat out with kids/families at church so this has been a real money saver. It allows us to be more generous.
Tippiechick, I would love to get your VIP deal! Was it in TN?
Silver
Old 12-21-2004, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, we're up in Clarksville. It really works out for us, b/c the husband can have pizza while I have Weight Watchers food. Plus, it feeds the mooching sister I have. They both adore Pizza Hut. I hate it, though.

I thought it HAD to be a scam, but it's been great so far. We have definitely gotten our money's worth.

Since you asked, and we are so close in proximity, I thought I would give you the info for the people doing the deal. It's done through Granton Marketing:
customerservice@grantonmarketing.com

You can also call 800.775.1975.

It might be worth it. They may have something for Memphis. That's where you're at, right?

Last edited by Tippiechick; 12-21-2004 at 01:06 PM.