Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,222
0 members and 1,222 guests
No Members online

Old 07-31-2001, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Question Pins on Ebay

After reading a few messages about other sororities' pins being auctioned on Ebay, I checked to see if there were any of ours and lo and behold, I found a couple of them. What do y'all think about this? I'm not really comfortable with the idea of our pins being bought by someone who is not a Greek and has no idea what in the heck they mean. One dude that was selling a DZ pin called our lamp a TEAPOT, for God's sake! (Sorry if there's already a thread on this...I could just be overlooking it, but I didn't see one.)
Old 08-02-2001, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I've posted several times on GreekChat about our badges being auctioned on E-Bay. I think it's a terrible tragedy that these people are making money off of something that they have no right to own in the first place. There is a group of alumnae (of which I am one) that monitors E-Bay and tries to save as many badges as possible.

For future reference, if any of you ever find a Delta Zeta badge for sale in a pawn shop, on E-Bay or elsewhere, National Headquarters will reimburse you up to $50 of the cost if you buy the badge and return it to them. If you find one that is over $50 and you can't afford to save it, please let me know. Just post the information on this board, and I'll see if the alumnae group can save it instead. THANKS!
Old 08-02-2001, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I didn't know Headquarters would reimburse me if I sent one in, but if I ever got hold of one I would send it back regardless. Unfortunately, I'm extremely broke right now, so I wasn't able to place a bid on the badge on Ebay (I think it's already been sold)--however, I'll keep my eyes peeled whenever I'm at a pawn shop or estate sale.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

how do these pins even get out there? I've given my fiance strict instructions to send my pin back to nationals when I die (assuming I die first), and even showed him where he can find the address.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Hi everyone!

Dzrose...I found a badge on ebay. I am not sure if I should bid on it or what. If you want to take a look here is the item number, listing, and description.

10K Dia/Pearl Delta Zeta Sorority Pin - 1937
Item # 1172954601
You are bidding on a wonderful old DZ (Delta Zeta) sorority pin that has a small diamond and 4 small pearls in it (YOU ARE ONLY BIDDING
ON THE DZ PIN, NOT THE DELTA CHI PIN -- THE CHAIN HAS BEEN REMOVED). The pin is unmarked but I'm almost positive that
it is 10K. The back of the pin reads, "6-6-37, BK, Ila Leffert". Buyer pays shipping, checks and money orders accepted, all items guaranteed,
Colorado residents add 7.3% tax. PAYMENT MUST BE MAILED WITHIN 3 DAYS OF AUCTION'S END.

The Delta Chi pin has pearls, which makes me think that she was the sweetheart, and that is why they are chained together.
Hope everyone is doing well.

[This message has been edited by delta1902 (edited August 02, 2001).]
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

If you find a pin on Ebay call you RCC or CCD and they will be able to take care of it. Some one once told me that there are people at nationals that their job is to search the web for "illegal" DZ things and to buy them back
Old 08-12-2001, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hi, I am so glad someone brought this problem to peoples attention. I buy stuff from ebay all the time, I have even gotten a few really cool Delta Zeta items from Ebay. Nothing bugs me more when I see people selling DZ pins on the site. A year ago, I wrote to a person selling one of these pins, and I asked them WHY they were doing it. I didnt get much of a response. But I am glad that Headquarters is doing something about this problem. The problem is non-delta zetas, or non-greeks, do not understand the principles and standards behind our greek chapters. Many people just think it is all fun, but it is much more.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by delta1902:
Hi everyone!

Dzrose...I found a badge on ebay. I am not sure if I should bid on it or what. If you want to take a look here is the item number, listing, and description.

Delta1902,

Sorry I'm so late getting back to you on this post! I don't have the chance to check GC as much as I used to.

If you are interested in helping us save DZ badges, my suggestion would be to join Surfing Sisters online. We keep each other updated about badges on E-Bay and let each other know if we are planning to bid so that we don't accidentally run the price up by bidding against each other. If you don't know how to get to the Surfing Sisters site, please e-mail me offline and I'll give you instructions.

Thanks for looking out for our badges!

Love in DZ,
Carrie

Old 08-13-2001, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93:
Delta1902,

Sorry I'm so late getting back to you on this post! I don't have the chance to check GC as much as I used to.

If you are interested in helping us save DZ badges, my suggestion would be to join Surfing Sisters online. We keep each other updated about badges on E-Bay and let each other know if we are planning to bid so that we don't accidentally run the price up by bidding against each other. If you don't know how to get to the Surfing Sisters site, please e-mail me offline and I'll give you instructions.

Thanks for looking out for our badges!

Love in DZ,
Carrie

It's okay.... I called my CCD and she let HQ know about it.
Hope all is well with you.
Old 08-19-2001, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Hi, I was on ebay, and I saw yet another person selling a delta zeta pin. I wrote to the person, asking them a simple question on Why they were selling this pin, and I got a childish and rude reply,, I just thought I would like to share, Please read below

Thank you for your interest in my auction.

I'm sure that those who sell and those who buy on a public forum have an
infinite number of reasons for doing so, none of which is really any of your
business. You are the one who is a loser for being such a meddlesome
busybody. I hope that you find a constructive interest to fill your free time.

Regards. KINOBRAK@aol.com

Old 08-19-2001, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

One more thing, just want to let you know that "KINOBRAK@aol.com" is not my email address, it is the address of the person selling the pin on ebay.

In the Flame
Christa
Old 09-18-2006, 07:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Question I Need a Delta Chi pledge pin

I am a Chico State alumnus and I am putting together a collage of my Chico fraternity days and I can't seem to find my pledge pin. If anyone has one they're willing to sell, or knows where I can get one, please let me know. Much appreciated.
-John
Old 02-18-2009, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

hey hey! i found this on Ebay.. can you believe that it's going for $5.00.... correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure being a DZ is worth just a little more than $5!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Delta-Zeta-Sorority-Pin-14K-Gold-Diamond-and-Pearls_W0QQitemZ130288132982QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130288132982&_trksid=p328 6.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 03-10-2010, 12:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash but got another for you ladies-

Delta Zeta Badge and NM Pin for $75
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi ladies,

There's a Delta Zeta pledge pin hidden in this jewelry lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Vintage-Tie...item5ad70e54c6

item number 390155097286

wptw

Last edited by wptw; 03-26-2010 at 12:24 PM.