Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,553
3 members and 1,550 guests
FSUZeta, John, shadokat

Old 12-13-2003, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Sigma Nu to recolonize at the University of Arkansas

Which is cool because one of our chapter's founding fathers is a reporter on the Fayetville NBC affilliate up there.

Anyone have any news on this?
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 02-06-2007, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
WOOHOOO! I love UArk. used to visit them quite a bit back in the day. Great to see they are back....

Last edited by banditone; 02-06-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: none.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

DH went to the U of A for a few years, and he was friends with the Sigma Nus. Great organization, I have always had respect for them. Hope it works out!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow... I guess they are doing well, I found these new-house plans online for Sigma Nu at ARkansas. That will be the pimpest house ever (taking Ole'Miss' spot) after completed.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

I'm an Arkansas alum. Wow, that house is tons fancier than the one they had! Are they rebuilding it in the same spot on Arkansas Avenue?
Old 04-20-2007, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I'm an Arkansas alum. Wow, that house is tons fancier than the one they had! Are they rebuilding it in the same spot on Arkansas Avenue?

Nope, doesnt look like it. Right down the road from the stadium at 260 North Stadium Drive.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I hate you so much for your loyalty to multiple SEC teams.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I just found more stats on that new Snake house:

- More than $3.1 million in private gifts were raised. (half came from Don Tyson, a chairman of Tyson Foods)
- The new three-story fraternity house will contain 53 suites overall. (This needs more definition. How many men in a suite? I always picture a suite as one common "living room" area, with a couple bedrooms off of it. This house has the potential to house a LOT of men).
- Four study rooms.
- Two laundry rooms.
- An elevator.

Last edited by banditone; 04-20-2007 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey! Sorry we kind of dropped off the face of the earth. We are getting pretty busy with classes and rush (formal recruitment week starts this wednesday and bid day is Sept 16 I believe). The house is great! We'll get some more pictures up as soon as possible.
There still aren't any letters on the front of the house, but there are over the main entrance and over the back entrance- I'm sure that will change in time.
We are still getting all the glitches worked out- making sure every room has internet, trying to get all of the showers working properly, etc.
Cool features- we have a High Def 102" projector screen in the dining room, we usually watch football games on it (it was great during tailgating for our season opener!), we can also use it during chapter. In the rec room we have a 58" plasma screen mounted on the wall. We are getting a pool table for the room as well. In the library we are starting to put up a bunch of composites/the creed/etc that we just got out of storage from some of our alumni.
In the courtyard, around that tree, there are bricks with the names of alumni who gave money to the housing project- including several Alpha Chapter members.
Rush parties have been going really well! A lot of people have been over to the house, and the head of UAPD commented on the fact that our house blew the other greek houses away. We are very proud of it.
If y'all ever come near Northwest Arkansas feel free to drop by! A lot of alumni have been stopping in, and we are always excited to show hospitality to brothers.
More later. If you have any specific questions you can reach me at shhenry@uark.edu
LHT
Old 09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaNuHX766
Can you please post some pics of the inside of the house? The guys at Eta Chi chapter here have been antsy to see if the inside looks as good as the outside! LHT
--Since 1869--
S N E T T
Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
GreekChat Member

The dedication isn't until November tenth, so we still have work to do, getting composites up, books on the selves, the actual formal furntiture downstairs, ect. When it's all done I'll throw some pics up. I think that we are going to be published in a few different magazines, I heard even the Delta? You will all get a chance then.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/207319/
Old 01-01-2009, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSnake View Post
Hey! Sorry we kind of dropped off the face of the earth. We are getting pretty busy with classes and rush (formal recruitment week starts this wednesday and bid day is Sept 16 I believe). The house is great! We'll get some more pictures up as soon as possible.
There still aren't any letters on the front of the house, but there are over the main entrance and over the back entrance- I'm sure that will change in time.
We are still getting all the glitches worked out- making sure every room has internet, trying to get all of the showers working properly, etc.
Cool features- we have a High Def 102" projector screen in the dining room, we usually watch football games on it (it was great during tailgating for our season opener!), we can also use it during chapter. In the rec room we have a 58" plasma screen mounted on the wall. We are getting a pool table for the room as well. In the library we are starting to put up a bunch of composites/the creed/etc that we just got out of storage from some of our alumni.
In the courtyard, around that tree, there are bricks with the names of alumni who gave money to the housing project- including several Alpha Chapter members.
Rush parties have been going really well! A lot of people have been over to the house, and the head of UAPD commented on the fact that our house blew the other greek houses away. We are very proud of it.
If y'all ever come near Northwest Arkansas feel free to drop by! A lot of alumni have been stopping in, and we are always excited to show hospitality to brothers.
More later. If you have any specific questions you can reach me at shhenry@uark.edu
LHT

I was just reading your website http://info.theginsystem.com/websites/SN_UA/

In the "recruitment" section, it suggests Gamma Upsilon is a 200-man chapter. Is this true? How many pledges did you take in the fall 2008? How many actives did you have to begin the fall 08 semester? How many men can live in the fraternity house at 100% occupancy? Looking forward to your reply!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

AR and Razor, you have any time to take pics of the inside for us?

I think they took 50 in the Fall and the house sleeps 53.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I found these on the interwebs