GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 954
0 members and 954 guests
No Members online

Old 09-16-2003, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Please recount your most entertaining run-in with the law

From another board. Here is mine:

We were comming back from Spring Break and was on the road toward Binghamton. We got pulled over speeding. The cops was about to write a ticket, then saw one of us wearing a Buffalo State sweatshirt. He then ask "You guys from Buffalo State?" We said, "Yeah." So he asked bout some professor, which one of the guys knew. And they end up talking about the professor for a good 15 minutes. So he said "Guess I have to let you go since you are from my alma matter."

Later on, between Syracuse and Rome, we got pulled over again. Same driver too. We decided, why not and tried the Buffalo State angle again. We were flaunting hats, jersey, jackets, etc. He laughed and said "Sorry guys, I'm from cortland state and I hated your school." Gave the driver a ticket and laughed his ass off.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:44 AM

My 21st Birthday.

We were leaving downtown at about 3am. It was my 21st so you can imagine the state of mind I was in. At around this time, downtown Orlando streets get really crowded from all the people who are driving home after a night of partying. So, me and a bunch of my friends are packed into my sorority sister's SUV. I'm squished between my boyfriend and my big sis. At this point, I realize that I REALLY have to go to the bathroom. The chauffer (my sorority sister) begged me to hold it until we got home. But, downtown O-Town is 20 minutes from my house and with all the traffic and the rain that started to come in, it would probably make the drive about 30 minutes. Five minutes later, I was whining, "Just let me out here! I'll pee in an alley!" She finally realized that I was serious about my need to go. We stopped at a 7-11. There was a women's bathroom and a men's bathroom. The women's bathroom line was 15 people long (of course) and the men's line only had 2 people. I felt like I was going to explode. So, I'm in the girl's bathroom line when I get the greatest idea...why not use the men's bathroom? I started inching towards to men's bathroom line. Meanwhile, I'm drunk as a skunk so I'm all wobbling around. This cop who is standing around sees what I'm trying to do. She comes over to me and just stands behind me with her arms crossed. The last thing I want is to be arrested on my 21st birthday. I stumble back over to the women's line with an embarrassed look on my face. She stood next to me the whole time I was waiting in line. I had to try SO hard to keep my balance and not open my big mouth for fear that she'd arrest me for public intoxication (yes, you can be arrested for that....I've had a few unfortunate friends who now have a record for this). It took fifteen minutes until it was my turn for the bathroom. It was HELL!
Old 09-16-2003, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Met a chapter sister when I was teaching a class to police officers (she was the officer) several years ago. We lived in the same town..class was in another.

"Met" her again 3 weeks later when a lady rear-ended my car (yea, she had more damage, lol). Heather was the officer on the scene and filled out the accident report.

Whenever I saw her in the patrol car, I'd wave....I believe she's now a stay-at-home mom.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

It wasn't mine, but it sho was funny

Some friends and I were partying at another friend's apartment. Well the party then spread across the way to another apartment and soon we had people walking back and forth across the courtyard. We were all drunker than Kooter Brown and blaring David Allen Coe when a girlfriend of mine came in and said there were cops out. So being the underage freaks that we were, we drop everything and start covering things up. We look out the window and a BICYCLE cop is writing MIP's (Minor in Possession) to three of our friends. One of my friends didn't heed our other friend's warning and walked outside with a beer. Anyway, one of the girls starts crying and pleading with the cop (keep in mind we are all watching this from the apartment). She goes into full blown hysterics, practically hyperventilating.

She still got a ticket - tee hee. For the rest of the year we would always started fake crying anytime anything didn't go our way. HAHA
Old 09-16-2003, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

High school, "parking" with boyfriend, busted by policeman, small town, grew up with my mom....still mortified when I see this guy whenever I'm home
Old 09-16-2003, 12:27 PM
GreekChat Member

It's not so much entertaining as stupid on my part. Over winter break, I was dropping my friend off at her apartment on campus after the bar, along with this SAE I had been wanting to meet and ended up meeting that night through a mutual friend. Anyway she gets out of the car, and I notice that there's a cop car that had followed me into the lot and had pulled over a ways on the side of me. So I'm like greeeaat. I roll down my window and she's like did you know you were tailing me and tailing a cop has a fine of $400 (or something like that). I was like no, I'm sorry. And she's like don't ever do it again. And I'm like okay, I'm sorry. And she just stares at me, I'm like okaaaaay. I was pretty embarassed with the guy in the car next to me, but luckily she didn't do anything. I then realized that yeah, I was tailing a car on my way there because it was going so slow, but I hadn't realized it was a cop car. Then it had pulled off to the side and I passed it, but then it got back on the road and followed me-- that was the cop. Whooops!
Old 09-16-2003, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
1:45 AM - Sunday morning. Knock at the door - not a usual occurence. I look outside and there are two police officers, and a spotlight on the van in front of our house. Uh-oh.

So the police inform me as they were driving by, that one of our windows in the van had been shot out by a BB gun. Great.

Investigation is on going, and I'm in the process of installing multiple video monitors around the yard - hope someone decides to be stupid again, we'll have them live on video!
Old 09-16-2003, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Arya, that is so funny!

My most entertaining run in was with an off duty officer who bought me a drink at Off the Wagon and took me home.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
I think ksigkid was with me this night, not sure though - but anyway, me and a couple guys went to the bar around the corner, a complete craphole that everyone went to for last call - anyway we left a couple others at the house, and bounced out. These three were just plowed, which really wasn't all that novel, it was a pretty standard night for them.

Anyway, they were on the porch, hooting and hollering, and the neighbors called the police to quiet them down. The police come by to say hi, and a female officer came up to the porch to chat.

Gritty looks at her and says, "Hey guys - did we order a stripper?"

We get back, and the three of them are sitting on the couch inside, laughing hysterically that no one got arrested. Apparently, she just blew it off like no one said anything, and asked them to move it inside.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:23 PM

I have a similar story to KR.

Boyfriend is up for the weekend, sorority house is full, so we drive down to the river and are parking. (May I mention it's 11 AM) Well before things get too involved, a cop car pulls up behind us and we freak. We (ahem) readjust ourselves and wait for the cop to come up to us....and wait and wait. After sitting there for, oh, 10 minutes, boyfriend goes back to the cop car to see what is up. He comes back shaking his head and chuckling. Turns out the officers just pulled in to enjoy some pizza and didn't even notice us.

Oh, and Pitt people take note...just a couple months ago, coming back from the South Side I got pulled over at a checkpoint under the Birmingham Bridge, mainly because I didn't understand the officer's bizarre "stop - no, go - no, slow" sign language. I had to do the nose touching, breathalyzer, whole deal. I think they felt somewhat silly when I blew a .01.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

This was back when I was in high school.

A friend of mine and I were in my garage doing something to his '81 Civic's Exhaust system. We were wearing dirty car-work type clothes, covered with grease (we had done some other stuff to his car as well). We finished and decided to take it for a spin.

We continue to drive down my street and exit my addition. We leave the garage door open. A cop (there are *never* cops in my neighborhood) happens to see us leave my house. So he pulls us over after we're about 100 yards or so out of my neighborhood. This is probably around 11PM.

He approaches the car and begins to interrogate us about what the hell we're doing out on this night. We explain what we had been doing. He asks for my friend's license and registration and then goes to check them out. 2 other cop cars roll up behind him. We're sitting there wondering what the hell is going on (realizing this guy can't really do anything to us since we weren't doing anything illegal).

He comes back to the car and asks for my license. I reply "Why would I have a license on me sir? I'm not driving." So we have to go through this whole BS process where he verifies that I actually live at the house who's garage door I left open

He turned down my offer to go back to the house and ask my folks

After hanging out for about 30 minutes he decides that he will "Let us off with a warning". A warning for what?

Don't think it was funny? This may have been one of those things where you had to be there.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-16-2003, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Bisides the usual getting rousted by cops whle parking with girlfriends, several incidents in college...

Walking back to my car a block away from a July 4 riot when the bars closed at Indian Lake in Ohio. Aux. Deputy jumps out of the bushes and point a 12 guage double barrell at my head and yells "FREEZE." I did. After a short chat, he let me go back to my car.

Shooting film for a Columbus TV station at an Anti-war protest at Ohio University (I worked for the station in the summer), local cop comes up and raises his baton as if to hit me. I panned the camera to his shield (number). He turned around and left.

Same thing happened at the great snowball riot of 1968. Those APD cops just didn't like cameras, I guess.

Pretty drunk on St. Patty's day weekend and had just taken my date home (Freshman year). Rioting going on at main intersection in town, and another guy and I figured that if we could just skirt the riot and get to a fast food place (The BBF) and have some fries, we would be OK. (Well, I said I was pretty wasted, didn't I?) We made it to the BBF and met up with a couple of pals who were down visiting from Ohio State. The riot started to spread toward the restaurant and the kids inside started chanting, "Cops Eat Isht." I was just sitting there clapping my hands, not saying anything, (really, it's true) and this rent-a-cop came up and threw my friends and me out -- giving a little shove with his rent-a-baton as I walked down the steps. Moments later, we found one of my roommates passed out on the West Green after chugging a pint of Kesslers.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.

Last edited by DeltAlum; 09-16-2003 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

This happened in june, I was speeding (like 90mph) and went around these slow cars, legally in the passing lane, anywho I'm thinkin why is this car catching up to me, so when I pass those slow cars, I see the damn flashing lights. I'm like crap I'm screwed. It was a damn unmarked CHP car, a Dodge Intrepid, come on now!!!

Convo that follows-
CHP: So miss why were you speeding?
Me: um I have a curfew officer (it just slipped out of my mouth, didn't have a curfew)
CHP: What time is your curfew miss?
Me: 11:30 (pm), sir (it was around 11:15pm at the time and I was like 15 minutes away from home)
CHP: How old are u miss?
Me: 23 sir
CHP: Where do u live?
Me: Nicolaus, officer, its about 15 miles north of here.
CHP: I know where it is, can I please see ur license and registration.
Me: Yes sir
So he comes back 5 minutes later, I;m silently freakin out, I think he saw me with my head in my hands.
CHP: Well Allison, I'll let you go this time, just drive slower and be more careful.
Me: Thank you officer I will.

i think he felt sorry for me cuz being a 23 year old with a 11:30 curfew LOL
Old 09-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Banned

This is why I have been MIA recently. The Grapist was in jail!

Details later...
Old 09-16-2003, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
This was my freshman year...I had some friends in the Film dept that were always taping dumb shit to practice their editing skills. Well I was hanging out w/ one of them (who I eventually would date) and he found out that his roommates were performing their "Tuesday Shenanigans" (a tradition in their house where they'd do stupid sh*t on Tues nights) at the coliseum parking lot. We walked over there, camera in hand to observe. Someone had managed to pilfer a shopping cart and they had filled it w/ pillows and tied it to the back of a small pickup truck. Then one of the roomies got in with full body gear and the truck started up. They drove around the parking lot for around 1 minute before the guy started feeling sick and bailed. He *jumped* out of the cart and rolled for a good 50 feet after that into the grass. Then some of our friends on roller skates decided to grab on to the cart and be slung around a bit. All of a sudden we saw lights and realized that it was the university police. They held us for probably 15 minutes while they verified everyone's identity and all that. We were finally let go and told "never to do it again." And all of it's on tape!!!