Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,330
1 members and 1,329 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 12-14-2001, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Underwear Party

I'm sure that most of you have seen the new Jimmy Eat World music video since I've seen it probably 20 times this week and I so rarely ever catch videos on MTV.

For those of you who haven't seen the video, it's a typical "house party" video where the band is playign and people are making out etc, etc. Except the catch here is everyone is in there underwear.

So my question is: Has anyone had a party like this? As soon as a couple of my pledge bros and I saw we decided that we needed to have a party like that. I was talking to some of the seniors and they said they had tried to have a party like that- they called it a BLT (boxers, lingerie, toga) but it was basically a toga party. My pledge bros and I don't want the togas (hmmm that makes us sound like desperate hornballs)

So has anyone done, how did you get everyone to go along with the theme, was the turnout good for both sexes?
Old 12-14-2001, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't seen the video, so I don't know exactly what they are waering. We had a "pajama jam." Girls wore cute pjs or not too revealing nightgowns and lingere. I think we called in Wild Nights or something like that.

Edit to add it was a date party, and I don't know how well it would work as an open party. Togas are one thing, but I don't think you are going to be able to convince girls to show up in their underwear.

Last edited by Parsifal; 12-14-2001 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-14-2001, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I would recommend a Pajama Jam of some sort like the previous post mentioned - some women will come in full PJs and others will go a little more risque on their own - you could offer "prizes" for lingerie if that is what you were trying to encourage folks to wear - it would be tacky but it might work!
Old 12-14-2001, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

In theory, it sounds like a fun idea, but I don't know what woman with a brain in her head would show up at a party, fraternity or otherwise, in her underwear. I would think that hearing of such a thing would make a woman think -- oh, they must be desperate hornballs. I like the pajama idea though -- even lingerie, just not underwear.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Each year my chapter has 2 parties w/ frats kind of like what you're talking about, though it's nowhere NEAR a bunch of us standing around in underwear and bras. We have a "Playboy Mansion" party, where most girls dress in somewhat trashy costumes (fishnets, short skirts, low-cut camisoles, etc) but it's definitely all in fun and no one looks like a prostitute. Another more tame party is "Pajama Party" with a second fraternity (girls usually wear flannel PJ pants and a tank top or whatever, not too wild).
Old 12-15-2001, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
You could have a Spring Break or a luau theme party and everyone would wear bathing suits. As for an underwear party, I think you may be hoping for a little too much...or too little!
Old 12-16-2001, 05:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to a date party that was called pimps, hos, and limos and we all wore trashy lingerie and it was really fun. Girls wore the most daring things like thongs only covered by fishnet stockings and stuff like that. It was so funny yet sexy.
Old 12-28-2001, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sundevil2000
I went to a date party that was called pimps, hos, and limos and we all wore trashy lingerie and it was really fun. Girls wore the most daring things like thongs only covered by fishnet stockings and stuff like that. It was so funny yet sexy.
You have GOT to be joking. Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but as my father always told me:

"Sure some girls are fun, meant to be looked at, and some girls are respected, meant to be married."

It may be fun to have guys oggle you for a night, but it's not worth it if they don't respect you.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
I agree with pbpck--an "underwear party" sounds really tacky. There's no way in hell I would go out to a party, especially with a fraternity, wearing a thong with just fishnets over it. It's degrading. I say if the guys want to have a party where underwear and lingerie is involved, fine...let them wear it! Now wouldn't that be funny?
Old 12-28-2001, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to teke4life
maybe things are different in the great northeast, but if its tacky or obscene we definitely want it going on. pimps and hos, catholic school uniforms, togas, mardi gras parties any time of the year, heaven and hell, sewer party, highlighter/black light, the more it looks like a scene out of animal house, the better!
Old 12-29-2001, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

teke-

I'm not from the north east. I am from the south west. And no, I am not a nun ... I just don't believe in giving "sneak previews" to my show. Pi Phi's here have had Italian Weddings (girls in lots of red bra's and black lace) and the like. Basically every exchage has turned into a "pimp and ho" theme just covered with different decorations. But back to my point, we were taught to be classy ladies. Originally sororities and fraternity exchanges were designed for men and women to find prospective spouses. Would you want a potential wife freaking all your friends in a thong? She should at least be getting paid.
Old 12-29-2001, 02:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to teke4life
share and share alike, i guess
Old 12-29-2001, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I really don't think that too many women from ages 17 to 22 are working on their MRS. Not that I would ever walk around in a thong at a party.
Old 12-29-2001, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
teke--

As a sorority girl from the northeast, I can promise you that no fraternity or sorority at my school, a state school who partied like the best of them, ever had an underwear mixer. Mind you, we did have anything for money, but nobody ended up making a fool of themselves. TKE at my school always had a beach party every spring, and lots of girls would come in bathing suit tops and shorts or something like that. They would load a whole bunch of sand into their basement, put up inflatable palm trees and had lots of "beachy" drinks. VERY fun!
Old 12-29-2001, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Graduated Pajama Jam

An organization I was in (non-Greek) once had a Pajama Jam that was three dollars for normal clothing, two dollars for tank-tops (wifebeaters) and/or flannel pajamas, and a mere dollar for sexy lingerie and boxers.

More people wanted to save money than we ever could have imagined.