GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,152
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,386
1 members and 1,385 guests
John

Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Which Would you Choose ver. I

So your dog and a stranger are both on the railroad tracks about to be hit by a train. You can only save one. Which do you choose?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Uh, I'm pretty sure my answer would be obvious.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

The dog. I've just spent about 15k on heart surgery and chemo for him. I'm not letting him get hit by a train. LOL

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

My dog is cute, but his personality....leaves something to be desired, so I would choose the stranger. Shoot, I would choose a violent, career criminal over that dog.

That's why I gave him to my parents. They'd take him over the stranger. My dad would take the dog over anyone he knows including all of his immediate family members.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

The stranger. Admittedly, I'm not an animal person (AT ALL!), but even if I were I feel like I would still place a higher value on human life.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't have a dog, so perhaps I can't answer this question fairly, but I'd like to think I would choose the stranger. I like animals, but I do place a higher value on my own species.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I love my dog, but I'd save the stranger and hope the dog saved himself. No question.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Save the stranger
Old 12-09-2010, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
The stranger.

Anyone who seriously (not jokingly) would save the dog deserves to be hit by a train. Hypothetically, that is.

Well, I will freely admit that I would save the dog. I figure people get enough advantages in this world. Besides people should know better than to walk on train tracks.

And DrPhil, you can buy your own damn Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich and Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
Old 12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
Well, I will freely admit that I would save the dog. I figure people get enough advantages in this world. Besides people should know better than to walk on train tracks.
I would save the dog too. I just feel worse for animals since they can't control their situations in the same way humans can. (And yes I realize that many humans can't control their situations either blah blah blah) To be honest, I just prefer animals
Old 12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceniczip View Post
I would save the dog too. I just feel worse for animals since they can't control their situations in the same way humans can.
I'm assuming that if both need saving from the train tracks, the neither can control their situations.

So, to tweak the hypothetical: What if it turns out that the stranger on the tracks is a single-mother (husband was killed in Iraq) of three children under the age of ten who will now be orphans because you chose to save your dog? Should that matter? Why or why not?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
I'm assuming that if both need saving from the train tracks, the neither can control their situations.

So, to tweak the hypothetical: What if it turns out that the stranger on the tracks is a single-mother (husband was killed in Iraq) of three children under the age of ten who will now be orphans because you chose to save your dog? Should that matter? Why or why not?
I still want to know why this person and this dog are stuck on train tracks in the same spot lol

Old 12-09-2010, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: somewhere in an area where we usually get all four seasons :)
Send a message via AIM to sceniczip
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

Well seeing as how I don't actually have a dog and there's only a stranger on the tracks I would save the stranger. But then this is hypothetical.
However, I thought the whole point of this hypothetical was that we didn't know any details. Of course, things change once you hear a story. What if the person tied themselves to the tracks or something because they're trying to commit suicide? What if the person tied to the tracks was a murderer and rapist? And now you just saved his life and now he will go murder 10 more people. On the other extreme is perhaps it's the person who will cure cancer. So yes depending on the stranger's back story I would choose the stranger or not.
In all honesty, I go to pieces in emergencies so I'd probably just stand there screaming hysterically. I'd probably lunge at the tracks to try to save something and end up killing myself in the process.
Also, I firmly believe no one can *truly* say what they would do in a situation until it happens.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceniczip View Post
I would save the dog too. I just feel worse for animals since they can't control their situations in the same way humans can. (And yes I realize that many humans can't control their situations either blah blah blah) To be honest, I just prefer animals
Finally! Someone who understands me! lol
Old 12-10-2010, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
You can rectify this by buying me Panera's chili with cornbread. Thanks!
Sorry to derail this thread (haha, I made a pun!) but I tried that yesterday for lunch and damn, it is gooooooood!