GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,467
1 members and 1,466 guests
MSKKG
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 12:11 PM
pretygl

BIRTHDAY PRESENT?

Last edited by pretygl; 05-25-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretygl View Post
GOOD AFTERNOON!!!
QUESTION>>> My sister is a member of your stunning sorority. I have yet to get her a birthday gift. I'm trying to get her something she does not have... any suggestions?
Thank You in advance for your time!
How would people here know what she does and doesn't already have?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
pretygl

Im looking for suggestions... that is all... if youre not going to give any then don't comment. Thanks so much! And um since you're not in the sorority the question would not apply to you. Have a great day!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Im looking for suggestions... that is all... if youre not going to give any then don't comment. Thanks so much! And um since you're not in the sorority the question would not apply to you. Have a great day!
It was a valid question.

And you can keep your attitude to yourself. You don't get to tell folks when they can and can't post.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WHOA, NELLY! Watch your tone. Before you try to snap off, be eazy, I am a member of the sorority and this is my sorority's forum so you will be respectful of my fellow Greeks. In all honesty the question is valid. Oh, and I don't like your screenname.

Last edited by Prettyface08; 05-25-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyface08 View Post
WHOA, NELLY! Watch your tone. Before you try to snap off, be eazy, I am a member of the sorority and this is my sorority's forum so you will be respectful of my fellow Greeks. In all honesty, the question is valid. Oh, and I don't like your screenname.
Me either. lol.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little32 View Post
Me either. lol.
^^^ The reason people don't like the AKAs. LOL. We have no good cop/bad cop routine. Just all bad cops.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:49 PM
pretygl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyface08 View Post
^^^ The reason people don't like the AKAs. LOL. We have no good cop/bad cop routine. Just all bad cops.
I don't think thats true.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:58 PM
pretygl

No attitude... just a comment...
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

dang K_S she shole told you.

AHEM.....

Hey goober...yeah the one asking on advice.

Check it.

1. You are on the internet, leaving questions like this on a PUBLIC message board is like yelling up and down the block so guess what? ANYONE CAN AND WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

2. Refer back to the first post, we don't know what she does or DOES NOT have, so don't ask us like we know this chick, mkay?

3. it's "you're"...that thing is called an apostrophe...it dangles there for a reason.

4. Oh yeah, um I have a sister in that sorority, I have female friends in not just that sorority but others as well, so um, JUST BECAUSE MEN AREN'T IN THEM DON'T MEAN WE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO GET THEM!

Suggestions: a bag, a hat, there is a 100th anniversary Barbie doll, a keychain, a notepad, socks, underwear, and so on....is that enough suggestions for you?

ibtl and QFP
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-25-2010, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

What does your sister's membership have to do with what she might want for a birthday gift, and how would a thousand strangers on the internet know what she does and does not have?

Does membership in AKA bestow you every thing you ever wanted in life?

Now, if you had asked, "My sister is a member of AKA and I wanted to get her something with your letters or symbols on them; something that not everyone would already have. Can you suggest some unique AKA-inspired items that you have received or gave yourself, other than (list some stuff she has)?", you might get some ideas from members of AKA.

But seriously, whenever someone comes here asking for suggestions on a meaningful gift, I think it's ridiculous. No one here knows your sister, what stage of life she is in, what type of things she likes/dislikes or already owns, etc.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
pretygl

Really a goober...thanks.
im done.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

WTH?

How would we, who don't know her sister personally(quiet as it's kept, there are more than a few of us), know what she would want for her birthday? Serious question.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little32 View Post
WTH?

How would we, who don't know her sister personally(quiet as it's kept, there are more than a few of us), know what she would want for her birthday? Serious question.
I will take "Because all a y'all think alike?" for $500.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-25-2010, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
I will take "Because all a y'all think alike?" for $500.

Well, she's seen "Stomp the Yard" and she's a "Sisterfriend." I'm surprised she doesn't have all the answers already??

Quote:
STOMP THE YARD!!!
I just came from seeing it and I must say I loved it... the plot, the stepping... everything. In my opinion it showed Fraternities and Sororities in a stellar light!!!!! The whole theatre was applauding and whistling during and after the movie...!!!!!
Quote:
Hello... Good Afternoon!!! My sister and several other friends are members so i guess im a sisterfriend...

Closed Thread