Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,391
2 members and 1,389 guests
IllyPolly, LaneSig

Old 12-17-2008, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

New Member Program Help!!

Hey guys!
So I am currently NMOC for AXiD at the Theta Lambda chapter at Southwestern University and since my college has deferred recruitment we have yet to get new girls this year. Luckily for me this means I have time to think of ideas for new member meetings for our soon to be new girls over break and I was wondering if any of yall had some tips that would make meetings fun and exciting! I really want to make these meetings a fun and memorable experience for the girls and I would appreciate the help!

Xi love and mine!

p.s. Also my chapter is a bit smaller than most due to the size of my school. We are hoping to get about 13-15 girls.

Last edited by bribee037; 12-17-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Bribee,

I was NMOC my senior year and I LOVED it. Here's a thread I started way back when that you might find useful: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ad.php?t=79053

I too, came from a smaller chapter, for the same reasons. One of the things I did with my new member class was craft type activities for them during the meeting. One meeting we made door knob hangers. You can go to Michales and get those foam door know hangers and some puffy paint, or foam letters and let them decorate however they want - with AXiD, or their name, or whatever.

We also made magnets another week. Here's an online how to that shows what I'm talking about: http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/marblemagnets/ <--Using that, you can make your own personalized versions of these: http://www.alphaxidelta.org/index.ph...roducts_detail

Make sure you keep your other officers involved in the new member program - these new members may bery well be your next officers. I invited a different officer or 2, per week to the NM class, to talk about what their office did. *soapbox* Make sure your new members are 100% informed of their financial obligations <--I was also FVP, and now am a financial advisor. Makes my blood boil to hear about NMs who "didnt know" what their financial obligations were. *off soapbox*

PM me if you have specific questions. I have lots of ideas I'm sure other ladies on here do as well. Congrats on your new office!