GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,565
1 members and 1,564 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 09-06-2004, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Philanthrophy Events

Hi All,

I saw this on the greek life boards and thought bringing it here would be a cool idea. I've heard of these "Derby Days" and "Anchor Splash" etc done by a number of other GLOs, and I am wondering what Tri Sigmas do at your campuses? I would love to have my collegiate chapter start something like this up since there is no one who does this type of thing.
How do they work? In order to raise money, food etc, do groups have an entrance fee? Does the hosting org buy shirts for the groups competing? Are there trophys given out? How long does an event take from the planning stage to the actual day of the event?
Thanks for any help & sorry for the million questions!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Philanthropy Events

Hi! I am a Sigma from Minnesota State University, Mankato... last year we had our first annual "Hopes for Hope" 3-on-3basketball tournament, we didn't do the best, but it was our first year so we are hopeing to do better this spring. Derby Days is also done on our campus, but it is done by the men of Sigma Chi Fraternity. We had a lot of fun with the basketball tourney... We charged a $25 entry fee for up to a 5 person team. We also opened it up to our whole campus. If you have any other questions let me know!!
Old 09-08-2004, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Philanthropy Events

Quote:
Originally posted by Tri-SigmaEP207
Hi! I am a Sigma from Minnesota State University, Mankato... last year we had our first annual "Hopes for Hope" 3-on-3basketball tournament, we didn't do the best, but it was our first year so we are hopeing to do better this spring. Derby Days is also done on our campus, but it is done by the men of Sigma Chi Fraternity. We had a lot of fun with the basketball tourney... We charged a $25 entry fee for up to a 5 person team. We also opened it up to our whole campus. If you have any other questions let me know!!
We have done "Sigma Slam Jam" 3 on 3 b-ball tournament in the past. This year we're doing a mini golf tournament- " Putt 4 Page", so it should be fun!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmathreebaby Send a message via Yahoo to sigmathreebaby
I'm at Morehead state and we do two national philanthropy events...one in the fall which is our VolleyBash volleyball tournament. We have our spring philanthropy which is our Whiffleball tournament.."A league of our own". We are coaches and line judges and fun things like that. We also have our local philanthropy which we participate in every week on tuesday nights called Sigma Shares A Story...we read and do a craft with the local children and have snacks, bond, and enhance their literary skills...it's loads of fun!!!

SLAM