Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,267
2 members and 1,265 guests
KatieKate1244

Old 05-11-2003, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Wedding Traditions

I saw this on a nother board and am sort of curious about our org's traditions. I am not near getting hitched at all, I don't even have a boyfriend...haha. But, I was just wondering if there were any cute things that AOPi's did. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2003, 10:28 PM

When I was married, I had certain pews reserved for AOIIs in the church and 1/2 of my wedding party were chapter sisters. At the reception we did a Friendship Circle and the Loving Cup. I couldn't tell you what we sang (I'm thinking the Loving Cup Song, Moments and Epsilon Song?? It's been almost 15 years now!!) I made sure to have my photographer take a LOT of pictures then and he did a great job getting pics of that part of our day. I cried like a baby while standing in the middle of our circle, because I was moving out of state after my wedding and it was the last time I'd ever be with everyone. Heck, I'm getting a bit teary-eyed now thinking back to that part of my wedding day. Oh yeah, I made darned sure that a certain sister caught my bouquet--she did, too!

Roses,
Christin