Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,184
0 members and 1,184 guests
No Members online

Old 06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Kathy- how are the wedding plans?

I haven't heard much from you in terms of wedding plans. How are they going? Even though I have no interest in marriage, weddings completely fascinate me.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh - a thread with my name! That's always fun! And before I type anything else, be forewarned - YOU ASKED for this!!!

Things are going well. I have the date, the church and the reception locale so I'm pretty calm now. My catering, cake and table centerpieces are included in the reception fee, so I don't have to worry about that (which is wonderful!). I have my three ladies set for my wedding party. A Chi O sis is my Maid of Honor and the other two are my two best friends from growing up. Now Orlando has to pick his! One of those briedemaids is doing my inviations, too. She has a business and they are beautiful and I'll get them very inexpensively.

I've been dress hunting and think I have found "the one". I had seen it in magazines and thought it was pretty, but it had pink beading and that just wasn't what I was going for. So I was out with my MOH and I see it but with silver/clear beading - not the pink. So I tried it on and loved it. All along I've tried on dresses and said "Oh, I really like this part, but not this part" or "Oh, I love it except I wish it had ____" This one had all the things I'd been looking for - a slight curve to the neckline, lots of sparkly stuff on the bodice AND skirt AND around on to the back, including the train, and there was beading on the hem, and it wasn't too poofy, etc etc etc. And it was the most comfortable dress I've tried on. I could totally dance all night long. Then I looked at the price tag - it's about half what I though I would spend!!!! So, all signs point to yes for this one. I'm going to Michigan next week to visit my family and I'll try it on for Mom and see what she thinks. I'll post a pic for your viewing pleasure, but it seriously does it NO justice. It is stunning in person. Plus, could the model look a little more excited?!?

So, that's about it for now. Soon I have to pick a dj, florist, and photographer. Oh, and I think my father has finally narrowed his guest list down so that we aren't inviting 250 people to a space that holds only 160! Who thought the drama would come from dad?!

Anyway, thanks for asking! I love to talk about it! Shocker, huh?

Last edited by xo_kathy; 06-29-2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Kathy-
that's a beautiful dress! I think you are right though, the clear/ silver beading would be better. What dresses are the bridesmaids wearing?

Well, it sounds like things are going well, and that you will be fairly un-stressed, especially since the reception fee includes all the food! I can't wait to see pictures.
-Michelle
Old 07-12-2004, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

It's official - I'm getting this dress! I tried it on for the second time with my mom and my sister-in-law and we all agreed it's "me". Please excuse my double chin - I guess I better work on that before the wedding! And the dress is a size too small, so I'm a bit stuffed in!

Front

Back

And my mom's 'posed' shot - don't you love the wrapped train?

Old 07-12-2004, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Congratulations, Kathy! You will be a beautiful bride.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:10 PM
GreekChat Member

oh wow that looks gorgeous! It's beautiful on you!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

What a beautiful dress! Thanks for the update. I need to live vicariously through all of you engaged people until my time comes, which will probably be another few years at least.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
excuse my interruption but I just had to say that the wedding dress is exquisite! Very classy choice
-Maggie
Old 07-13-2004, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the kind words, ladies!

If you can't tell, I luvs me some sparkles!!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on picking out a dress!! It is beautiful

Now, what about the bridesmaids dresses?
Old 08-02-2004, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
don't be mad! Maggie started it!

I love the dress too. But I want to see a picture of the ring!

Oh, and are you wearing your badge inside your dress?
Old 08-02-2004, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha ha, we don't mind crashers as long as they are nice!

And Jacquelyn, you saw my ring on the engagement rings thread. I think I posted it here in the Fun News thread, too. I'm an AW (attention whore) I know, I should seek counseling!

I definitely want to include my badge. I just have to figure out how. I think inside my dress might be abit uncomfortable and I'd hate to lose it moving around so much. And I'm not fond of putting it on the garter. If I have ribbon wrapping the stems on my bouquet I think I'll put it there. Also, my mom is a small part Cherokee Indian so she's having a friend of hers make a beaded pouch - the type of thing the chiefs daughter would have for her wedding - and in it she will put the sacred herbs (which I can't remember right now!), a 4 leaf clover for my Irish side, a swatch of my clan's tartan from my Scottish side, and something representing my Puerto Rican fiance. And I'll probably pin that pouch to the bouquet. So if there's room I might put my badge there?

I don't know!!! But NutBrn has to promise she won't turn me into HQ if I don't wear my badge over my heart!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
Quote:
Originally posted by xo_kathy
And I'm not fond of putting it on the garter. . .
I don't know!!! But NutBrn has to promise she won't turn me into HQ if I don't wear my badge over my heart!!!
I see nothing...I know nothing!

(I have NEVER seen the badge on a garter -- and hope I never do!)
Old 08-04-2004, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
This probably sounds weird, but when it seemed like I could NOT get a job to save my LIFE I wore my badge pinned where the bra strap meets the bra on the interview (still *close* to over the heart, and no one could see it.) Got the job.

Hmmm. I think I'd want my badge, but you could maybe do something else Chi-O ish? Like a lavilere in that little bag maybe. Or an owl pinned to your flowers?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Kathy-
any new wedding news?
-Michelle