GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,166
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,351
7 members and 1,344 guests
Cookiez17, John, Low D Flat, MSKKG, willTic, Xidelt

Old 01-27-2009, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

The Amazing Race 14!!!

The teams have been announced! Here is CBS's straightfoward introduction to them, and here is Reality News Online's more editorialized report.

The teams include SoulForce founder Mel White. He will race with his son, Mike, who wrote for and produced Dawson's Creek, Freaks and Geeks and Nacho Libre. He also wrote and appeared in School of Rock. We also have the first deaf racer, who graduated as valedictorian from the Colorado School for the Deaf and Blind.

Alas, those wanting to cheer on Team GC -- nittanyalum and MysticCat -- will have to wait.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I am sooooooo excited!
Old 01-27-2009, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LadyDread2010
I love that show!!! But I didn't like the families edition too much.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

My bf keeps threatening to sign us up for the show. I didn't get the job I applied for which would start next year, so he seemed even more set on it. Ohhh but he doesn't have a passport! Bam!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
Ohhh but he doesn't have a passport! Bam!
Can't he just apply for one, or is he prohibited from leaving the country?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Alas, those wanting to cheer on Team GC -- nittanyalum and MysticCat -- will have to wait.
Our time will come, my friend, our time will come...
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Unregistered-

Anybody else want to slap some sense into Tammy and Victor?

I like Tammy and Victor, I really do. But I really don't like how everything has to be HIS decision and Tammy just friggin' enables that!

I still like GayDad/GaySon, DeafKid/SigningMom, and the stunt men. The basketball sisters are also starting to grow on me.

I felt really bad for the couple eliminated last night. What bad luck. They really could have still been in contention if they stayed with the pack.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't stand Tammy and Victor. Where's the team work/communication?

I like the mom and son team, Cara and Jaime (friends of mom/son team), and the basketball sisters. I don't have a favorite team yet but I'm really liking this season so far.

Oh, and what was up with that husband/wife team from Virginia? I felt really bad for the wife. She was so worried that her husband was going to be upset and yell at her for taking the wrong path. Poor thing.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Tammy and Victor won't last long if they keep up like this. This race takes teamwork!

I don't have a fave yet either. I'm not sure I will either. There are several teams that I think are good but nobody is really standing out. The only ones who stand out are the ones I can't stand.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX*APhi View Post
Oh, and what was up with that husband/wife team from Virginia? I felt really bad for the wife. She was so worried that her husband was going to be upset and yell at her for taking the wrong path. Poor thing.
I worried about that team because they weren't world-savvy, wily, or physically strong. So I wasn't too surprised when they were eliminated early. But I almost cried when he said afterward that there was no one in the world he would rather have shared this with because there was no one that he trusted more to watch his back. And this was AFTER she had messed up again and again, finally resulting in their elimination. They may not have the million dollar prize, but I'm glad they have each other.

The first time I saw Phil signing to Margie and Luke "You are team number one" I cried. This show pushes all my emotional buttons and makes me cry a lot. Do you guys remember the season in which the last leg was in southern Florida and the African American couple in the lead didn't have money to pay their cab driver? The other two teams were closing in on them, but they wouldn't leave their cabbie and run to the finish line until they had flagged down enough cars to beg the money to pay him. I saw shouting at the tv, "Give him and IOU and run to the finish line!!" OMG, I'm tearing up just remembering it. I wonder how that couple is doing now. Anybody know? They were going to use their winnings to try for an in vitro baby.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deltadevil Send a message via Yahoo to deltadevil
I started to watch the show yesterday but had to write some papers. what happened?
Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Was anybody else a little shocked by the last Road Block? In her thong? Really?

I'm still not sure I have a favorite team to root for or even a favorite team to hate at this point.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Was anybody else a little shocked by the last Road Block? In her thong? Really?

I'm still not sure I have a favorite team to root for or even a favorite team to hate at this point.
Forcing someone to run in her thong is NOT okay, IMO. It's one thing to run in the cold, but to run in her skivvies in Siberia on national TV is not cool. They should have at least provided the last two women with spanky pants or something.

At this point I'm rooting for gay dad/gay son. I really hope Margie and Luke get what's coming to them.

This probably has got to be the most boring season ever.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm enjoying this season so far and like all of the teams except Victor and whats-her-name. I actually like her, just don't like Victor.

I kindof miss the West Virginia couple...their mess-ups provided some comic relief.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
I'm enjoying this season so far and like all of the teams except Victor and whats-her-name. I actually like her, just don't like Victor.

I kindof miss the West Virginia couple...their mess-ups provided some comic relief.
You're right, it's not too bad. I totally forgot about TAR The Family Edition. Now THAT was the most boring season ever.

I have to admit, those stuntmen are a little funny. I'm surprised that guy could even drive that car in Russia.