GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,302
0 members and 1,302 guests
No Members online

Old 06-17-2002, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

In my AGD life

In my AGD life I have had ups and downs, backwards and forwards.
I just had some thoughts, though. SO I am rambling for you women because I love you all so much.

I am sorry that I don't post as much as I used to. I should, I know. I still read what you write, though. Please don't think I don't care. I really really do!
I hate when people say they will keep in touch and they don't!!!

AGD is so diverse. Almost every chapter I know of is the same. The women that didn't seem themselves as sorority girls, but found their way to this group of women that were so down to earth, FUNNY and comforting that they couldn't say no when that bid was in their hands no matter how many jobs they had to work to pay dues!

I love the Ideals of Alpha Gamma Delta. I love our purpose, (My favorite line, btw, is "That those who know me...... and love her for her womanhood"

I think AGD has made me a better citizen of the universe.

Okay, okay, I love AGD for all of those reasons, but it is cool to wear letters out and about and have people stare because you are greek and they don't get that, but they think it's cool. ANd also to get those girls that were in your high school and were snobby and now they are nothings in college and they look at you and realize you are part of an elite group (elite for lack of a better word!).

So anyway, just some thoughts.
Oh btw. I thought the rug burn story was going to be about your sex life too!

Facebook
Old 06-18-2002, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
That was so wonderful and beautiful!!!! I love that you wrote that and totally agree with everything you said!! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us, it certianly made me smile!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 09:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
i know what you mean 'bout not writing all the time. i read everyday but i just don't always write back. i'll have to get better 'bout that. but as far as what you wrote, it gave me warm fuzzy feelings. yeah!

marissa
A GD
Old 06-18-2002, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

That was sweet!

Hope to meet you in the Fall!
Loyally,
Lynn
Old 06-18-2002, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

That was so thoughtful. This sounds corny, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I was always so sad growing up that I never had any sisters. (And if my baby brother, for some unlikely reason should ever read this, E., I love you and I wouldn't trade you in for the world!) I felt like something was missing that only the deep friendship of other women could fill. I remember as a child praying at night that God would give me a sister to love.

20 years later, I know God answers prayers. What I lacked as a child, I have made up for in hundreds of thousands of sisters all across the country. Its a true blessing. I don't know why I was lead to Alpha Gamma Delta, I'm just grateful that I ended up here.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:32 AM
UMgirl

Sarah and sisters in general-- never worry about how we feel about you guys as sisters because you dont write. People have things to do, etc. Just seeing you pop in every now and then lets us know how much you care. Actually being involved in AGD does that too
Old 06-18-2002, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Aww Group hug ::::::SQUEEZE::::::: TIGHT HUG<< AGD Love and Lots of red and buff ones to you and yours today!

Facebook
Old 06-18-2002, 07:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Sisterhood

I will remember you
when I am old

I will remember you
when you came to me
and stayed by my side
during the dark and lonely nights

I will remember you
when your laughter rings
in my ears like bells
to remind me of your smile

I will remember you
when you waited patiently
for me to arrive
so that we might all walk together as one

I will remember you
when you lent a helping hand
so that I might
accomplish my dreams

And I will remember me
and my faults

And that you remembered none.

Holly Gates Lamb
Theta Sigma Chapter
Alpha Gamma Delta

I thought this was cute! It's no Robert Frost but I love it!!

And I love all of you!

Old 06-18-2002, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Aww, this is one of the sweetest things I have ever read about AGD! I think it sums up everything perfectly.

I was just thinking today that random things happen every day that remind me of AGD. I'll hear a song on the radio that we used during rush, or I'll see something red, yellow, and green, or there will be squirrels playing on my lawn. I think it's so cool that something so small can remind me of something so wonderful. (My Alpha Gam moment today was kinda scary, though...I came thisclose to hitting a squirrel with my car. Luckily, Squirros got away without a scratch!)
Old 06-18-2002, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Sarah, You worded your thoughts so eloquently. I too have had ups and downs. You and the rest of my wonderful GC sisters have brought me back to many of my happier AGD thoughts. I want to thank you all for that. It means a lot to me. I love you all. Lisa

Last edited by Lisa Fishman; 11-12-2002 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-18-2002, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

that was SO perfect!! so very true, of my agd expereince at least, and i'm sure many others!

one of the things i loved most about our chapter was that there was EVERY kind of girl, and i just learned so much from everyone and i think that is a key part of an organization like agd. Its not as much fun to have 35 identical people sitting in a room having nothing much to offer each other.....and despite the differences we each shared one huge thing, the ideals and experience of agd! <tear> awwww, yeah i sound like a big sap, but whatever!
basically i'm so glad i abandoned my initial aversion to joining a sorority back when i was a silly sophomore and went into it with an open mind...i can't imagine college without that experience [/end sappiness] hehe

so yeah, thanks donielle for, ahem, *gently persuading* me to accept my bid! and by gently persuading i do in fact mean relentlessly threatening me with amy et al. heee!

yay! agd's kick ass. thats pretty much all that needs to be said
Old 06-20-2002, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually have to say, if you ask about every alpha gam in the world, that is truly their rush/COB experience. It all goes something like this:

"I already had friends and figured sororities were for rich/pretty/snobby/cooler people than I am. So I didn't think I would ever go greek. THen i saw/met this AGD in my class/orientation group and thought that she was so down to earth and fun. SHe was friendly and we hit it off and she suggested I rush/COB. I wasn't really even considering pledging and she was so nice I couldn't say no. So I went through rush/COB and all theother AGDs were like that. Just friendly girls. They weren't your typical "Sorority girl" and I had such a good time. A few days passed and next thing you know I had a bid from AGD in my hand saying "The Sisters of Alpha Gamma Delta Wish to invite you to join their bond" and I started crying- and I HATE CRYING! Of course I couldn't say no, even though my parents/boyfriend/friends from home thought I was crazy. I wanted to be a sister there too. With all of those caring crazy women. And that is how I became an AGD"

That is almost every AGD story I have ever heard. Neat, huh,? We ARE all different, but everywhere you go we all EPi in our hearts and souls.

Facebook