GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,162
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, Duece464
» Online Users: 1,127
1 members and 1,126 guests
No Members online

Old 03-18-2012, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Rush at University of Idaho?

(Advice from non-Vandals is also appreciated!)
Hi everyone!
I'm going to be participating in formal fall recruitment at U of I this coming August, and I'm wondering if anyone has any specific tips about U of I rush or about rush in general?
I have above a 3.5 gpa and I've been fairly involved in my high school activities, and I'm not very introverted or anything - will I be okay?

I've read a ton of stuff about rush and I've researched a lot about the sororities about UI and I have a couple in mind that I would like to be in, but I'm still keeping an open mind.

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate it!
Go Vandals!

ALSO would anyone be interesting in me posting my recruitment story when August rolls around?

Last edited by voguegirl; 03-18-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Where oh where is vadalsquirrel?
Old 03-19-2012, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Haha definitely!
And like I said before (I say this to all viewing this thread) I appreciate any help, even if you aren't a Vandal. Answers about recruitment in general are graciously accepted
Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 AM
GreekChat Member

There's a thread here somewhere called NPC love or something to that affect. Each of the posters takes a few minutes to share what she thinks is awesome about all 26 of the NPC sororities. It might help you to keep an open mind as you're going through rush. Or you can mentally combat negative things you might be hearing by knowing that each and every sorority has virtue and is in fact the #1 hot chicks every girl wants to be in that house, somewhere.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, DubaiSis, I will look into that thread!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguegirl View Post
(Advice from non-Vandals is also appreciated!)
Hi everyone!
I'm going to be participating in formal fall recruitment at U of I this coming August, and I'm wondering if anyone has any specific tips about U of I rush or about rush in general?
I have above a 3.5 gpa and I've been fairly involved in my high school activities, and I'm not very introverted or anything - will I be okay?

I've read a ton of stuff about rush and I've researched a lot about the sororities about UI and I have a couple in mind that I would like to be in, but I'm still keeping an open mind.

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate it!
Go Vandals!

ALSO would anyone be interesting in me posting my recruitment story when August rolls around?
Are you coming to Vandal Friday? If yes, did you sign up to stay in Greek Housing?

My best advice would be to forget the couple of sororities you'd like to be in and keep an open mind for all ten organizations, and if you do stay in a chapter facility for Vandal Friday don't judge that chapter or the system favorably or unfavorably by that experience.

If you're from out of state definitely get in touch with me if you are having issues finding Alumnae Panhellenics and what not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Out busy vandalizing, and suffering from horrific allergies due to the freakish weather.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
Are you coming to Vandal Friday? If yes, did you sign up to stay in Greek Housing?

My best advice would be to forget the couple of sororities you'd like to be in and keep an open mind for all ten organizations, and if you do stay in a chapter facility for Vandal Friday don't judge that chapter or the system favorably or unfavorably by that experience.
I am staying with sororities both nights and I cannot wait!! And I'm for sure keeping an open mind. I've gravitated towards ones with girls who I already know (I'm an idahoan!) but what I keep telling myself is that college is a time for change, so being with people who I don't know would also be a good thing.
Thank you for the advice!
I think I'll do a recruitment story after rush is done because there aren't many UI stories on here.
Thank you again!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Vandals!!