GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,517
0 members and 1,517 guests
No Members online

Old 08-25-2002, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Holly's rush thread!

Well I know how addicting these threads are so here is another one for you!! I am rushing at the U of Tulsa...we have Chi O's, Tri-Delts, Kappas, Thetas, DG's and KD's. We had a meeting last night just to talk about what to expect and what to wear and all that. There were only about 60 girls there...I dont know if that is a good or a bad thing!?! All of the recruitment councilers were awesome! Tuesday night is our first round of parties, it is philanthropy night...after we go to all of the houses we go back to this room with our rush group and we have to stay there for like an hour or two and then we get our invite list for round two...I thought that was kind of odd. At least I wont have to worry for a whole day!! We go back to 4 houses the next day and it is skit day and we get house tours. Then we wait for our invites. Thursday night we go to 2 prefs and go back to the room, make our decision and wait in AGONY and in silence in the room for like 2 hours until our bids come!! Then we run to our house and celebrate!!! Then on friday we have a greek tailgate and go to the OU vs. TU football game and party with our new sisters all night!! As you can tell I am SO excited! I hope I get into the right house....wish me luck!! Ill write on tuesday and let you know how round 1 went!!
Holly
Old 08-25-2002, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck, Holly! The fact that there are only 60 girls rushing works in your favor, because that means you have less competition. TU has a great Greek system (though it's a small school).
Old 08-25-2002, 07:58 PM

Hi Holly!

It sounds like you're going to have a great week! Tulsa has 6 great national/international sororities on campus.

Do you know what you're going to wear to anything yet (hey, we like hearing about that kind of thing too!) Maybe you can slip a book or magazine in your bag to keep you occupied during the silent waiting time after Pref? Can't wait to hear how Tuesday is for you.

Christin
Old 08-25-2002, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sassykd
Holly,

Good luck and have lots of fun. Keep us posted and give us lots of details becuase we are all addicted to rush threads.

~Melissa
Old 08-25-2002, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

GOOD LUCK HOLLY!!! Hope you have a great time going through recruitment....its an awesome time! PLEASE keep us posted on how you are doing and everything that goes on. If you can't tell, the majority of us are completely addicted to these threads! You have some AWESOME chapters to choose from.....
Old 08-25-2002, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up have a ball

and let an amazing time happen for you.
keep your eyes and heart open.
lol
Old 08-25-2002, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Have a wonderful time, Holly! I can't wait to hear about your experience!

Kerry
Old 08-26-2002, 11:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Holly,
Have a wonderful time. I suggest you read some of the other rush threads that are on this board, they are great stories of women who have kept open minds and hearts and have been led to the right homes for them.
You have amazing chapters to choose from, your recruitment experience is going to be great.
Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 08-26-2002, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Woo-hoo! Another rush thread U of Tulsa's system sounds similar in size to John Carroll's...we have 5 sororities and quota last spring was 18 women. Sometimes I think that fewer sororities makes the choice a bit easier...I can't imagine having to sort out 15 or 20 groups! Anyway, have a great time Holly! Keep us updated on your experiences! Keep smiling and keep an open mind!
Old 08-26-2002, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
Yay, Holly! Go Greek! (Betcha can't guess which house I'm really rooting for.)

Hey, everybody, feel the love! We have fabulous new sisters!
Old 08-26-2002, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, for round one, I am wearing a khaki shirt with this black dressy tanktop from express and cute black flipflops. Round two I am wearing a sundress from express and for prefs an elegant, simple black dress from J Crew.
We meet with our rho chi groups tonight at nine and I cant wait! All of the rho chis are awesome and I am sure they will be very helpful! I will post late tomorrow night and let you know what houses I got invited back to, and describe (in detail !!) how the parties went! Wish me luck!!
Holly
Old 08-26-2002, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

Good luck! Your outfits sound very simple yet classy...always a good way to go!
Old 08-27-2002, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Holly: Your outfits sound fantastic!

Good luck in recruitment....I hope you have a great time at all of the houses (especially KD!! )!

Keep all of us addicts updated & be sure to tell us how your meeting went!!
Old 08-28-2002, 02:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay so round one is over!! It is 1:13am and we just got finished! Here is how it went:

First house...it was decorated SO cute. The girl I talked to was absolutely awesome and the conversation totally flowed. She was totally someone I could see myself being friends with. We decorated dog bowls (haha!) for their philanthropy...but neither of us decorated ours very much because we were so busy chatting.

Second House...The girls seemed kind of fake, the girl I was mainly talking to was so sweet and really funny, but I didn't feel like I really connected with the other girls I talked too. We made little baskets with toys in them for their philanthropy.

Third House...LOVED LOVED LOVED it! At the first two houses I was kind of nervous and a little reserved, but at this house I was SOOOO relaxed and the conversation flowed SO well with every girl I talked to....I don't want to get my heart set on one house though because I know my opinions can change during the next 2 nights, but as of right now it was definately my favorite!

Fourth House...Had heard some not so nice rumors about some of the girls beforehand but went into it with an open mind and loved all of the girls I talked to. The president of the house talked to me first, and then the vice pres talked to me the rest of the time...they were both awesome. Their house was gorgeous. It had a marble floor and a balcony over the living room where some girls rooms overlook...it was so nice and I really liked the girls!

Fifth House...House wasn't very nice at all, but that isnt important. The girls were all really sweet and nice, but I could tell they weren't girls I would be best friends with. We made a really cute stuffed animal project for their philanthropy that was really fun!

Sixth House...I was really exhausted at this point, but I had a good conversation with the girls. The house was gorgeous and had a huge mural painted on the wall of the dining room. All of the girls seemed awesome, but everyone was so tired it was hard to get excited about it!

After that we all put our PJ's on and all of the RC's and rushee's had to stay in this lecture hall for a few hours while the houses decided who they wanted back. We had a speaker talk to us about stress and recruitment and then we ordered pizza...it was a blast. And then our RC's got the list of what houses we had gotten invited back to. I was shaking and my heart was pounding I slowly opened my paper and saw................

ALL 6 sororities had asked me back!!!! I was very happy! We are only allowed to go back to 4 tomorrow so I released house 2 and house 5....it was a really hard decision, but I think I made the right choice! Tomorrow is skit night and I can't wait! I'll post tomorrow night and let you know how it went!
Holly
Old 08-28-2002, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Holly, sounds like you had an awesome time! Congrats on being asked back to all 6! Sounds like you made the right choices for you. I'm just dying trying to figure out which group is which Anyway, best of luck with round 2...can't wait to hear more!