Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 754
2 members and 752 guests
3DGator

Old 07-25-2004, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phimuprincesss
Sex in the City Theme?

Hey everyone! I really want to so a social around the theme "Sisters in the City" so we can do the cute logo on the shirts! But I have no idea what to do for the actual social?

I know people have done this before but I cannot come up with anything so please help me out!!

Emily
Old 07-25-2004, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

I woud recommend martini shaped glasses, (believe it or not you ca get really cute ones at the dollar store.) Pink lemonade to represent the ladies favorite drink from the show. Oh we did this for a talent show, you cut cardboard out in the shape of the city and to represent lights in the windows you poke christmas lights through. Make sure you use duct tapt to tape them to the back.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Just to clarify...it's Sex and the City, not "Sex in the City"
Old 07-27-2004, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

You could also do a skit, where like, 4 sisters are sitting around a table in a restaurant talking about the positives of the organization or something along those lines. You can get sisters that rep each of the characters and talk about how you all may be different but the org brought you together blah blah blah.........
Old 08-18-2004, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a super cute idea!

If you guys do a skit you could always kindof "dress" the part. Not saying go out and buy tons of couture but you can find cheap little poofy skirts and whatnot in places like Rue 21 or Burlington Coat Factory (don't know if it's all over the place though) and kinda try to dress like Carrie... dressing like Sam, however... probably not a good idea!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

What about something themed around NYC? Like if it's a date function, have the sister and her date be a certain place in New York. Or if it's sisters only, pair the sisters with the same place but don't tell who is with whom until they find the person with the same place as them. You could make really cute name/place tags that look like skyscrapers or the place.
Old 09-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Banned

this sounds like it'll be a blast

http://www.party411.com/themesadd/themesadd-11894.html

this is what one gal did-might be fun!

Sex & Friends
Submitted by Margo
Party Type: Other
Invitation: It was red, with a picture of girls sitting on a couch chatting.
Decor: I asked all the girls to wear Sex and the City inspired outfits so we all could be the decor. I wore a big pink rose!
Food: We made martini's and cosmopolitan's in honor of the show and served bite size pieces of cheesecake, fruit, cheese, and crackers.
Music:
Highlight: It was a party to get together with my girlfriends and watch the season premeire of Sex and the City. I love that show and Sarah Jessica Parker, so what a better way to celebrate it coming back than watching it with the girls!
Old 09-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

the chapter i advise just had a

cor event with a sex and the city theme. they watched the first episodes on dvd, had shoe shaped name tags, had their drinks (pink lemonade, ginger ale)in martini shaped glasses and had fun foods. in between episodes they did little sex and the city trivia quizzes. everyone had a blast and the pnms did too.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:47 PM
KDLady00

I seen a shirt on ebay that was from a ZTA social called "Zetas in the City" it was cute!