Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,396
0 members and 1,396 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2002, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Dating Problems with Sisters

Just a question to all of the chapters out there. Do any of y'all have a problem with one guy dating many sisters (at different times)? Maybe the guy even lavaliering different sisters, becoming engaged to them, or anything to that effect? If so...how do you solve this horrible problem? PLEASE HELP!
Old 01-25-2002, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Worst I've seen is a guy dating two girls from one chapter, but not right in a row. That can cause enough heartache if one girl isn't over him yet.

I'd suggest the first would be, why are the girls going out with him? Doesn't his reputation proceed him?
Old 01-25-2002, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe it does, and that's why they keep dating him!

I've known one guy who dated a big sis and then dumped her to date (and ultimately marry) her little sis (this was another sorority), and a couple other guys who dated two Alpha Xi Deltas, but no more than that. These sisters need to compare notes!!
Old 01-29-2002, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

There are a lot of guys on my campus that attempt to "complete the circle" by the time they graduate. This meaning that they sleep with a girl from each sorority. As if that isn't bad enough, certain honors come with repetition. We should all take notice that as much as we love our fellow greek guys, some of them are up to mischief!
Old 01-31-2002, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

In Chi Omega we have a policy that if a sister has dated a guy before that if another sister wishes to see the same guy she needs to ask that sister if it is okay with her. We call it Chi-O Courtesy!
I saves heartaches and bickering in the end.

Hootie
Old 02-01-2002, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

We have the same rule (I also have it with my friends outside of the sorority). But sometimes that rule doesn't work when one sister really wants to be with the guy and is afraid that the other one won't let her...or even when the other sister says it is okay...I just think it is rude for one guy to keep "banging" sisters or keep dating multiple sisters...you think he would realize that we are all pretty much the same and he should get out of that dating crowd. Men can be so ignorant sometimes.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Dating at theta phi

It seems men trouble lay at the heart of sister turmoil still. I was a theta phi and there was tension caused by men then. I really wish sisters could not let this get between them. Good Luck
Old 02-01-2002, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Quote:
Originally posted by Hootie
In Chi Omega we have a policy that if a sister has dated a guy before that if another sister wishes to see the same guy she needs to ask that sister if it is okay with her. We call it Chi-O Courtesy!
I saves heartaches and bickering in the end.

Hootie

We went by the same policy... it worked great!
I love the mens just like the next girl but you gotta think... is he really worth making another sister upset if you go and still date him even if she said - please don't. That relationship might last 6 months but you have 4 years with your sisters and hopefully a life time of friendship after that.
Old 02-09-2002, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

We had an incident this past year when one of our sisters got engaged to a PIKE who was her highschool sweetheart. They had been together forever and a half! Then, for whatever reason, he and her called the engagement off. She went alum while he finished school (he was quite younger than her).
The problem arose when he started taking interested in a few girls in our new pledge class who didn't know the situation, didn't know the alumn sister, or our policy.
It was tough deciding on who should tell these girl what and if we were going to do anything about the problem.
In the end we let things be even though a few of us older girls were appauled by HIS behavior. I suppose that's one of the few times it ended up okay because the alumn sister had moved on with her life and the new member didn't know the sister.

Hootie