Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,113
4 members and 1,109 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, John

Old 01-08-2008, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Honeymoons??

Alright, so we've picked out our dresses, showed our bling, now the best part.... the honeymoon!

If you are married, where did you go?
If you are engaged, where are you planning on going?
If your are single, where do you want to go?
Would you wait to go on your honeymoon?

Also, suggestions and "where not to go" would be VERY helpful!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Spent a little under 2 weeks in Italy.

Good times.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-08-2008, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoSigma2003 View Post
If your are single, where do you want to go?
Turks and Caicos or one of the other, lesser-traveled Caribbean islands.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

My fiance and I are still 18 months out from our wedding, so we definitely haven't booked the honeymoon yet. However, the front runner right now is Aruba. We liked the idea of Bora Bora, but it was waaaaaaaaay too expensive.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM

We went to Costa Rica for 2 weeks. It was amazing.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

We're getting married in August and are considering the south pacific...probably fiji but we just started talking about it so we'll see!
Old 01-08-2008, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I am thinking Tahiti , Fiji, or Greece.. (I dont' think he's too into greece though)

Of course I'd love to go to the Maldives it's less "touristy" I've heard... but that is a lil out of the budget I think.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitter650 View Post
I am thinking Tahiti , Fiji, or Greece.. (I dont' think he's too into greece though)

Of course I'd love to go to the Maldives it's less "touristy" I've heard... but that is a lil out of the budget I think.
Greece is amazing. You should try to talk him into it.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

1st go round - Walt Disney World. Don't laugh - it is one of the top honeymoon destinations.
2nd round - B & B in Virginia. Blech.

If I had it to do over again, I'd book a land/sea cruise with Disney. You can bring your own booze on the Disney Cruise( unlike others), you have Disney-class service, and the rooms are the largest in the industry. Plus Castaway Cay, the Disney island in the Bahamas is amazing - you can walk right off the boat onto the island (other cruise islands you have to tender to). There's plenty for adults only both at the World and the Crusie. I'd do 3 days at WDW, and a 4 day cruise with the romance package.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
1st go round - Walt Disney World. Don't laugh - it is one of the top honeymoon destinations.
2nd round - B & B in Virginia. Blech.

If I had it to do over again, I'd book a land/sea cruise with Disney. You can bring your own booze on the Disney Cruise( unlike others), you have Disney-class service, and the rooms are the largest in the industry. Plus Castaway Cay, the Disney island in the Bahamas is amazing - you can walk right off the boat onto the island (other cruise islands you have to tender to). There's plenty for adults only both at the World and the Crusie. I'd do 3 days at WDW, and a 4 day cruise with the romance package.
My husband and I did the Disney 8-day land/sea package for our honeymoon and we had the best time. They put something special in our room every night!! Definitely worth the money. We also had a junior suite when we got to the "land" portion.

ΚΔΠ Education Honor Society
Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I wanted to take a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon but the airfare was going to cost as much as the cruise, so that idea was nixed.

We ended up going to Puerto Rico for 3 days and Walt Disney World for 5 days. My husband was insistant that he didn't want to "just sit on a beach" for a week, and he had never been to Disney, so it was the perfect compromise. I wish we had spent another two days in PR because I really would have loved to do some sight-seeing tours. As it was, the resort was so amazing that we didn't leave it. And Disney was an absolute blast!!! We got some honeymoon pins from guest services and it gave us all kinds of perks (like free ice cream, skipping to the front of a bunch of lines, getting picked for cameos in the backstage tour, etc).

My suggestions for future honeymooners is to wait a week before going on your honeymoon. Also, for the ladies, make all your reservations in your maiden name and don't try to change any of your documents (ie - license, s.s. card, passport) until you return.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
My suggestions for future honeymooners is to wait a week before going on your honeymoon. Also, for the ladies, make all your reservations in your maiden name and don't try to change any of your documents (ie - license, s.s. card, passport) until you return.
EXCELLENT advice, I very much co-sign.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

We went to the Bahamas and it was very nice. We chose it because it was an easy flight for us and I couldn't take that much time due to the nature of my job. I would definitely recommend the Atlantis resort.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieAGD View Post
Also, for the ladies, make all your reservations in your maiden name and don't try to change any of your documents (ie - license, s.s. card, passport) until you return.
I totally agree with this. A passport name change takes at least six weeks to process - maybe longer these days. If you're planning to change your name, use your maiden name for your honeymoon, and change your ID when you get back. (OTOH, if you're traveling within the US, you can change your driver's license easily enough - once you've worked your way through the wait at the DMV, they'll just print your new ID off and hand it to you.)

I booked our honeymoon travel using my maiden name. This included the hotel - we stayed at the Hyatt Regency Aruba, and I had the highest-possible status of their frequent guest program (damn business travel...), so we booked the room in my maiden name. DH was less than thrilled after a week of "Mr. and Mrs. MyMaidenName" but we did get upgraded to the club floor.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

We stayed at the wonderful RIU Palace resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in August for our honeymoon.

The resort was brand new (about 18 months old) and gorgeous. Price was reasonable (we went through a travel agent) and we had zero problems. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very nice, and the hotel and grounds were beautiful. We had rain for about 35 minutes the whole week we were there (about 5 mins one day, and 30 minutes of incoming hurricane rain thanks to Hurricane Dean). Plenty of restaurants to choose from on the resort and since we were at the largest resort, we could travel to any of the RIU resorts for breakfast or lunch...but had to stay for dinner. All the resorts were in a line along the beach....in perfect walking distance.

As you can see....we really enjoyed it and would love to go back!