GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,147
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,360
0 members and 1,360 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2006, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

ABC's The One (American Idol rip-off)

I had this on in the background.... wow is this show terrible. Some of these contestants may have talent but it lacks absolutely nothing to pull me in. The judges are too damn nice and happy and don't criticize. Blah.

I don't recommend this show. Thumbs down from kddani!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I had it one on for a little while too. It just seemed boring to me.

A little bit of a tangent, but is anyone watching Rockstar this season. It doesn't seem to be as interesting as last season. There's nobody that I'm really loving this season, whereas last season, there were several singers that I was totally loving and rooting for.

PSimissU
Old 07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to PhiMuAmberkins
Rockstar is disappointing to me this season too. I think part of it is that I loved INXS, and I loved the contestants. I'm just not feeling it this year.

And, in my opinion, it would be a lot harder to go into an established band than to form a new one (although Tommy Lee is RAD!)...it's kind of like auditions this way, rather than RS: INXS, where they were looking for someone who fit with what they already had/would make it better/would replace Michael Hutchence.

I hope that made sense. It's way too early in the morning.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

The One = Worst. Show. Ever.

Rockstar - loved last season's as there were several contestants that I really liked...this year they are all kind of lame. Although I will say I like Dilana...even though she's a freak show. I'll keep tuning in to see what crazy things she does...

Sidenote - how do you sleep with thorns coming out of your chin? If you sleep on your stomach, wouldn't you stab your pillow?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabelle99

Rockstar - loved last season's as there were several contestants that I really liked...this year they are all kind of lame. Although I will say I like Dilana...even though she's a freak show. I'll keep tuning in to see what crazy things she does...

Sidenote - how do you sleep with thorns coming out of your chin? If you sleep on your stomach, wouldn't you stab your pillow?

I SO agree about Rockstar-- Last year I was rooting for Ty and Jordis, and loving to hate JD... this year...I'm waiting for someone other than Dilana to inspire me...

And she is soooooooooooooo crazy, in that cool, glad I don't really know her, kind of way.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Dilana's hands down my favorite, but a few others are good as well. Of course I'd have to go look up their names to know who they are. The girl who screwed up so much last week with running her mouth was really awesome last night too.

And I really like Rockstar this year. Some people are awful to me, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. And I really like Dave and Tommy, and I so NEVER would have thought I would before this show.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Love George, hate that he got rid of his nose piercing. He's so much better than this show, it pains me to watch.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Duchovnysfan
I thought we were talking about the one not Rock star lol, it's all good it's more entertaining than the one anyhow.

I was watching this last night, not really it was in the background and it's like the Real World and American Idol gone horribly wrong. I think there was one guy singing "Let's get it on" 1. he was horrendous, he disgraced that song and Marvin Gaye. 2. They asked about if he was singing this song to someone, i.e. one of the contestants on the show, he said yes. Then they asked who, and he said I'm not saying, you have to watch. Okay, you're a contestant, not a promoter of the show, so shut it! It was so annoying how he was saying it too, it driving me up the wall.

The judges were annoying. It was great they had this one singer and they called him Frodo b/c he looked so bad. The kicker of this was the judge who coined that term to that constestant was a guy who dyes his goatee in bright blue, his mustache in bright pink and some gold and had really dark eye shadow, not really the person who should be throwing insults at someone else.

That showed annoyed me and I think ABC hates this show as much I do b/c they had their results Wednesday at 10pm b/c 1. they know won't win against America's Got Talent *that's a whole other trainwreck* if they were at the same time. 2. It's at 10pm, where pretty much viewership is lower than at 9pm. Yet they were promoting this show for how long?!

Crappiest show ever!

I'm done ranting now.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchovnysfan
That showed annoyed me and I think ABC hates this show as much I do b/c they had their results Wednesday at 10pm b/c 1. they know won't win against America's Got Talent *that's a whole other trainwreck*
That and So You Think You Can Dance, which actually is pretty good (in my opinion) and I think has the best ratings out of the three.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Duchovnysfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani
That and So You Think You Can Dance, which actually is pretty good (in my opinion) and I think has the best ratings out of the three.
I totally forgot about So You Think You Can Dance. You're right on the ratings part, it has the highest ratings out of the three.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchovnysfan
I totally forgot about So You Think You Can Dance. You're right on the ratings part, it has the highest ratings out of the three.
cause it totally rocks.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.