Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,320
0 members and 1,320 guests
No Members online

Old 02-21-2005, 11:41 PM

heaven and hell social

we're doing a heaven and hell social with zta soon and we havent done it before. has anyone done it yet?

basically we are going to have the downstairs be hell- and have the wine and hard stuff there. all the lights will be red etc. i think i will come as a black jesus? who knows. upstairs will be heaven... we were thinking of using dry ice to make it cloudy.. my thinking is most people will be drunk and this could be extremely hazardous. has anyone used dry ice before, because apparently you can make your jungle juice look like it is steaming, which would go along well with the hell part (someone would pour it for people to avoid people drinking dry ice). and please no complaints about the alcohol we are grown ups and respect each individual's choice on how intoxicated they get- the sorority has sobers and we have a judicial board= no worries.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 02-21-2005, 11:55 PM

socials we have done in the past-

army social, office hoes ceos, tennis golf, schoolgirl, 80s, stoplight (red=taken, yellow=whatever, green=go), ghetto, 40 hands, towson theme (it was dumb), toga party, cowboy indian. various bbqs

ideas we want to try-
playboy
superhero
rubix cube
anything but clothes
i love the 90s

and i agree with my brother from george mason, the point is to be have a good time and meet people. everything is so PC these days people can't have fun, we are not professional fraternities, we are social fraternities- if we cannot poke fun at ourselves now and then we probably aren't having much fun and thus not living up to the social aspect we talk about so much. if a girl in a sorority wants to come to a social in a bra dressed like a victoria's secret angel, it was her interpretation of the theme, and props to her for having the confidence or nerve to do it. if a guy comes to a cowboy and indian social dressed only in a leather flap that is his choice too
Old 02-22-2005, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: heaven and hell social

Quote:
Originally posted by bigrioter
black jesus?
What?

I have been to Heaven and Hell parties. My husbands fraternity had one every halloween.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:04 AM

haha it is a joke. we want to dress a pledge like st. peter or something ridiculous. and no i am no african american i like to poke fun at religious people who think jesus looked like Hugh Grant with a beard.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!

Quote:
i think i will come as a black jesus?
um, maybe if you were black you could
Old 02-22-2005, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

please no complaints about the alcohol we are grown ups and respect each individual's choice on how intoxicated they get- the sorority has sobers and we have a judicial board= no worries.
It doesn't matter how much you respect someone's choices. You're in violation of alcohol policy, and the sorority would be too. No NPC sorority is allowed to have a mixer with alcohol anywhere but a third party vendor.

And how exactly are you planning to be a black jesus if you're not black? Planning on using blackface?
Old 02-22-2005, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't even know where to begin...

Why would a black Jesus even be part of this...

Why would you make a pledge be St. Peter?

Anyhow, KDdani is right, it doesn't matter that you have sobers, they could get in serious trouble for that party. I'm not saying they are the only chapter of any NPC to push the rules (or just break them) but when these parties get out of hand, that is why we all pay up the rear for insurance.

Why even put dry ice in a drink though... is that safe??
Old 02-22-2005, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe it is a local and they don't have the same rules.

In any light this guy sounds like a jackass.

Maybe we should let the "who is going to hell" girl handle him. That would be interesting
Old 02-22-2005, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by roqueemae
Maybe it is a local and they don't have the same rules.
His sig says Phi Sigma Kappa and the mixer is with ZTA. Neither of which are locals
Old 02-22-2005, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

COMPLETELY missed that.

I guess I was so distraught about Jesus in black-face
Old 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
.. my thinking is most people will be drunk and this could be extremely hazardous.
Dude. You said it.

Y'all need to move this to a third party vendor.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:50 PM

whoooa ok i expected the alcohol complaints... but people, let me assure you the black jesus was a joke i am not a racist. i would never put black face paint on my face like white actors did back in the 20s, whatver that is besides the point. and crying about asking a pledge to be st. peter... if no one jumps at the opportunity to be a funny character at a party they all suck if you ask me, any brother would gladly take their place.

the third party vendor thing is done.. but it is a pain in the ass. we cant have every party be like that or else the pledges would never be able to drink.. for us or the sorority. every national sorority and fraternity... even kappa delta does this from time to time, it IS rolling the dice, but if 90% of the people there are in greek life and it isn't at the house the person who bought the kegs is most liable, followed by the signers and co-signers of the lease of the other house. parents have keggers for their 16 yr. olds all the time. sometimes they get caught and arrested. we know the risk but like everyone else we just take it bc that is just how it has been done. the police here are extremely lax bc they have actual crime to deal with. i know they wont if someone is wrapped around a tree.. but no one drives drunk (sobers) and as horrific as it may sound (pledges are assigned when they drive and cant drink (hazing or helping out a brother? you decide)
Old 02-22-2005, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

hey, policy is policy, rules are rules, and you're an idiot for freely volunteering this info about an illegal mixer for the greek world to see. I know there's KD chapters that have illegal mixers, heck, my chapter did. Doesn't make it right, and it certainly doesn't make it so right that you should broadcast it on the internet on a place where there are active alumni and collegians from all the NPC and NIC groups, not to mention national officers

how were any of us supposed to know black jesus was a joke? Nothing in your post was joking.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 PM

it may sound crazy but this is done across the board. sigma pi, sae, tke, sigma chi, pi lam, delta sig phi- alpha phi, aopi, phi sig sig, zta, phi mu, and even kappa delta and azd do it.

our generation has been drinking for the better part of 4 years before we even came to college. i may just be speaking for 50% of us. it isnt that big of a deal, american culture is so backward that we assume an 18 year old wont know how to handle a beer bc it is "illegal" for him/ her- in many cases that is correct bc sadly this child has been sheltered by overprotective parents and then set loose onto a coed campus effectively a social retard. a 14 year old, yes, they don't know how to handle it, but they learn through trial and error.. or in my case, with responsible oversight from my parents, who taught me to enjoy the taste of beer over its effect, like many european parents do. i enjoy wine and champagne as well as a well made gin and tonic. i also like to get around the legal limit of drunk.. but NO MORE. i stop around 5-6 drinks a night max, so usually only 3- for cost and health reasons (unless i am winning at beer pong)