GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,512
2 members and 1,510 guests
Cookiez17, MSKKG

Old 07-15-2002, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ivysis
Serenaded by Phi Mu Alpha

Just wanted to thank all of you. My sorority was serenaded by your Colorado State University chapter when we were at a Colorado Rockies game last spring. It was great. It was my last event as a graduating senior, and the guys came up spontaneously (after we were on the jumbo screen) and sang to us. It made a great last impression of greek life and college in general. Thank you.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

There's nothing we love better (okay, well, not much we love better) than seranading beautiful women. Glad you enjoyed it as much as I know my brothers from Beta Rho did!
Old 07-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Ginger

I've been serenaded twice by Phi Mu Alpha - once within a group of Phi Mu dates at a formal we held in conjunction with them, and once individually, and I cried my eyes out each time. Our DO chapter is very close to the PMAs, and it was so touching and so beautiful to have these men I love almost as much as my own sisters singing to me
Old 07-17-2002, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Our school's chapter of Phi Mu Alpha serenaded us, too! We had a mixer with them back in the fall, and they gathered around us and did it as kind of a surprise at the end. It was the absolute sweetest thing... an absolutely indelible memory!
Old 07-17-2002, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator

If I may add my story...

I was serenaded not by a chapter but by two PMA's. Each from different chapters.

The story goes like this. I was living here in the city( San Francisco) and a long time friend from back east (Nashville,TN) was coming to the Bay Area for a physics conference for African American college students. The conference was being held at CAL. My friend is a Phi Mu Alpha charter brother from Grambling State U. Anyway, he happened to meet another physics student who was a PMA from a chapter other than his (I don't know which one but it was at a HBCU). The two of them got together and practiced songs. The sponsors of the conference decided to have a Deejay'ed (sp?) party for the students. And at this party, the two of them got down on their knees and sang what may have been the Phi Mu Alpha sweetheart song. Yes, I gushed, and blushed! It was the sweetest thing ! Everyone there (about 80 to 100 people) was staring and I felt like the princess of the party!

Last edited by NinjaPoodle; 02-13-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:43 PM

Priests of Melody

Its great hearing about other chapters that exercise the power of music and leave a lasting impression. During Valentine's Day the Gamma Theta chapter got together and randomly picked girls at the student union by handing them a rose. We brought them to the center of the union and all serenaded them. The sight of a large group of men in khakis and white oxfords singing to some of the most beautiful women in school was awesome. Fraternally, Mystic Cat32
Old 04-24-2003, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

My boyfriend was a Sinfonian from the Zeta Omega Chapter at the Hartt School. His school was very far from where I decided to go to college and he used to call me and sing his songs to me over the phone. He even made a cd with his songs for me to listen to when I missed him. He passed away in November of leukemia and his brother's sang for me before his funeral as a last serenade. It was beautiful. I am tri-sigma to the core but my heart will always belong to the red and black.
-Misty
Old 04-24-2003, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Our Sinfonians seranade the dorms and I love it! They also "seranade" during football games...and the rest of the marching band joins in. I'm perfoming an opera this week and a lot of the male cast are Sinfonias. Go Kappa Psi chapter...to bad we have pissy Mu Phi's and can't have SAI!
Old 04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KissASinfonian
My boyfriend was a Sinfonian from the Zeta Omega Chapter at the Hartt School. . . . He passed away in November of leukemia and his brother's sang for me before his funeral as a last serenade. It was beautiful. I am tri-sigma to the core but my heart will always belong to the red and black.
-Misty
So sorry to hear about your boyfriend (and my brother)! My sincerest condolences!