GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,315
1 members and 1,314 guests
John

Old 09-19-2000, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Question The presidential candidates

Presidential candidate George W. Bush was on the Oprah Winfrey show today. Presidential Al Gore was on last week. Did anyone happen to see it. I was curious to know what do you think of the Presidential candidates and who do you intend to vote for. I received and e-mail with the names and list of the I believe its 13 HBCU's that are going to close down and 7 of those are in the state of Texas. Personally, I'm going to vote for Al Gore, because to me he seems like he is going to get the job done and keep up the good work that Bill Clinton has been doing for the past eight years. What are you're thought?

[This message has been edited by DirectorDST99 (edited September 20, 2000).]
Old 09-20-2000, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DirectorDST99 Send a message via Yahoo to DirectorDST99
Please don't believe the internet prank that is about 2 years old now...going on three.
www.tsu.edu

Check out the disclaimer statement from the President of the University.

------------------
Director #2
LMAC
Spr 99
Old 09-20-2000, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

In my opinion, one of the most important platforms is protecting a womans right to choose. And we all know that Bush is against this. Along with a better healthcare plan for children and the elderly, Al Gore has my vote.

I am from Texas, and I didn't vote for Bush in the Governor's race, so I WON'T be voting for him in the Presidential race.

I graduated from one of those schools that are "deemed to close" and my husband graduated from another (Prairie View A&M and Jarvis Christian College, respectively) and we are alumni supporters of both, and they aren't closing. In fact, enrollment is up for both schools.
Old 09-20-2000, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Do we REALLY know Bush's stance on anything??
A wink and smile, and before you know, they're on to a new question and he hasn't even answered the first one, yet.

Old 09-20-2000, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

The only issues I have heard Bush speak on was the abortion issue, and that he has no stance on gays, and the only other thing that I heard him say was that the people made a mistake in 1992 when they voted his father out of office. Other than that I don't know where he stands on the issues
Old 09-22-2000, 12:19 AM
REALITYBLACK

Check out this month's issue of ESSENCE Magazine.. they have a spread featuring all four of the presedential candidates and their beliefs on some key issues.