Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,473
0 members and 1,473 guests
No Members online

Old 09-22-2000, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Arrow Intake OR Pledge

BEFORE READING ANY FURTHER PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM NOT SEEKING TO ENGAGE IN DEBATES ABOUT PLEDGING BEING BETTER THAN INTAKE OR VICE VERSA!!!!

NOW PLEASE CONTINUE

Why do some individuals continue to look for ways to divided us?

I have looked on some other forums and have read huge debates on whether someone who went through the Intake process should be considered a "REAL" member of the organization.

I believe that there are better questions to ask:

QUESTION ONE
"Don't the older members of our respective organizations each have a responsibility to pass on the legacy of our founders to the new members regardless of Pledge/Intake?"

QUESTION TWO
"Don't new members have a responsibility to educate themselves about every aspect of their organization regardless of Pledge/Intake?"

Are things somewhat different because BGLOs don't Pledge anymore? Of course, BUT DON'T HATE THE PLAYAS, HATE THE GAME. All nine organizations decided that Intake was the method to bring in new members.

Finally, everyone knows that if the MIP had been in place during the same time that some of the people who complain about it Pledged, they would have went thru the MIP as well.

REMEMBER DIVINE NINE!!!
TOGETHER WE STAND..... DIVIDED WE FALL.....
Old 09-24-2000, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Well said, Frat! I'm personally sick and tired of the question, "Did you pledge or do grad chapter?" I'm proud of my undergrad process that guided me to Zeta's light. However, I don't know all there is to know about Zeta. And not trying to be flip, but unless you're one of my Five Pearls, then regardless of when someone became a Zeta she doesn't know everything either. I do feel that the current state of MIP cheats (some) undergrads of a wonderful learning experience.
Old 09-27-2000, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Peace & Blessings

Well said Frat!
It is absolutely the job of "Seasoned" Sisters and Brothers to educate the younger ones.
And, people seem to think that after that 6 or 7 week period is over, so are their History lessons....NOT!!
Everytime you go to a conference, hold an office or change chapters, you pledge all over again..it never stops!
This journey that we've chosen is an eternal one and it should not be taken lightly.
---------------------------------------------
SapphireSensation
RoyalBlueDivaDivine
The Epitome of Finerwomanhood
Old 10-21-2000, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel0497
Talking

Personally, I feel that if the BGLOs would go back and reevaluate the state of their organizations since the adoption of the MIP, they'd see that things have only gotten worse instead of better. Most of the major lawsuits and incidents have happened post 1990, not before. It seems that when folks were denied the "pledging" experience, they decided that they would take matters into their own hands. Instead of taking more time to create a process that would educate and build leadership and business skills, they put in place a "bandaid" so to speak. Everyone knows you can't put a bandage on a wound that needs stitches. I don't think that either process is better or worse, but I do believe it is the responsibility of our "seasoned" members to teach the younger members history and how to conduct themselves. And it is the responsibility of younger(and older) members to seek knowledge continuously, for none of us can ever know everything there is to know.

------------------
Sassy, Classy, but never Trashy-The Ladies of Z Phi B!